pricing storm windows

powerwashgirl

I lost my shirt! ( figuratively )

This lady in East Point, GA had 2 layers of storm windows and 2 main sashes - essentially 12 frigging panes interior/exterior that I had to clean - what a ***** - x 20 windows - took me 7 hours with help.

needless to say I bid sight unseen on a much more simple project - 20 windows @$8.00 window -

I should have priced them at $20.00 per window - taking about 20 minutes per window - 4 windows an hour - giving me my $80.00 an hour rate which I need to keep my business rolling -

who would pay $240.00 to have 20 windows cleaned/seems unreasonable for the customer - but reasonable to me -

any feedback on this?

clearview

i agree. always try to quote window jobs in person. i would have charged 23 dollars per window based on your description. 4 storms x $4, + $7 for the regular flat glass double hungs. sounds like that job sucked. if you price jobs right, you can make around 70-80 per hour by yourself. true people may not be willing to pay for that kind of window cleaning, but make the decision that you WILL NOT sell yourself short. don't do work that isn't worth doing. if they don't like it, and you don't like it, then charge what you should and price yourself out of those jobs. the vast majority of homes don't have windows like that anyway.

Our Sponsors