New Equipment

onecallpowerw

I have designed and in the process of manufacturing a ladder horizontal extender that will allow you to place yourself 6' from the wall of a building/residential siding. My thinking is this. Extension Wands are bulky and cumbersome to work with and these horizontal extenders will allow you to work off the ladder at the highest pitches plus allow you to wash up close for a better apperance.

I respect most on this boards opinions and basically looking for it now. What do you think of this idea and will it sell ?

So far, I am looking at $39.99 for these horizontal extenders. Would this be reasonable in you all's eyes and would you consider purchasing them ?

Dan S

HEY Gord!!

One thing that I found out on "ideas" >> You better keep it to yourself. Sure build it then maybe even market it , but when you give a discription and an "idea" you just open your self up for "copy~cats".

You take anybody that has the tools and a garage and time they can build just about anything.

Dont get me wrong You have a great idea !!

how will it work for doing roofs?

Tim Lynch

Well someone is half way to your goal all ready. My ladder jack by Warner stands off 3 feet.

I think a point of angle and safety would come into play with a 6 footer. The extenders if possible to by pass this would have to be 7 foot wide or more to stabilize.

My 3 footer is five feet wide to stop twisting from happeing. And if you add the kick back and one handed or two handed need for the gun and wand plus a 2x hose dragging, pulling and swinging under you the chance of getting by a saftey review board for sale to the public is going to be a steep road.

I think and extention wand with some sort of twist at the end to create a gyrating effect that would stop kick back and side by side handling similar to the two wheeled scooters would be a better invention.

you asked so thats my 5 cents or has that gone up now with the times...

So thats my 10 bucks worth :)

PS: using my 3 foot extender requiers more angle room for safety and seeing as you said residential, I sometimes can't use the extender with all the limited areas postage stamp house's have.

Last edited:

Our Sponsors