pricing on gutter cleaning, what is involved?

dirt

hey gang!
what is involved in gutter cleaning?
what sevices do you offer?
what should the cutomer expect when the job is complete?
what do you charge?by the foot? time? condition?
how long per job ?
is it lucrative?
thanks for the help,
Dirt - out!

Tim Lynch

Most will only clean out the inside of the gutters, I do it by hand using a 16 foot pole and a gutter getter on the end.

A customer should expect light gravel in the gutter when done and the down spouts working.

If a seam has a leak I will try and patch it at no extra charge but will not promise the results.

I do only single story homes I won't touch two stories.

It takes me about 1 to 2 hours a house or less at times. I charge 90 dollars for the first two hours min. and 35 dollars an hour after 2 hours. very rare to go over 2 hours.

I do phone estamates only and stay pretty busy I get most calls in fall and winter but during spring and summer I get calls once and a while to clean before painters come in or a new home owner.

I advertise on my truck and in the yellow pages.

Doing gutters in my area during summer is a bitch! if the temps are in the high 90's that means the roof is around 120. I charge more in summer depending on weather.

Once you get a customer and do a good job you will find the repeat calls and then the new calls each year adding up to a not so bad biz. Fugure 3 gutter a day or four and your overhead thats not much for this trade and your doing pretty good.-

Seacrest -- OUT :)

Our Sponsors