Steam cleaning crane engines

PowerPlay

I was asked to give an estimate on cleaning crane engines and radiators at a local recycle yard. Anybody have experiance in this? I know the radiators will come clean with lower pressure however I will need a good degreaser for the engine. Any thing I should be careful around? Is there a best way to go about it?

Thaks guys,

Nate

Mike Gwas

Charge by the hour for the first time. You will high pressure but just be careful of the fins on the radiator. Talk the guy into a regular maintenence program then you can charge by the piece.

Larry L.

PWN TEAM - Moderator Emeritus
Becareful stepping in the grease,,

Start at the top and wash down with a hotwater rinse before applying the degreaser,,

Do not let the degreaser set to long in the radiators,just a minute or two.

Carefull stepping on and off the tracks.

Larry L.

PWN TEAM - Moderator Emeritus
The grease on those things will spoil your clothes,a rain suit will help speed the job "get in there and get the job done" :D.

PowerPlay

got it covered

Yep, I gots the job. I got the rain suit covered. I have a nice h/h rain suit, but I already went out and bought a cheap yellow one, I forsee it getting a little mucky in there :cool: ! It 's all about the angles:D . I wait till my partner is directly across from me and fire away (kidding). Pressure Washing really grimey stuff is sort of like playing pool.

But without the beers :(

I'm still trying to find a method where both pressure washing and drinking beers could be done symontarily.

Maybe if I offer all my customers one or two! huh never thought of that one.

Our Sponsors