What a bummer!

R

Rick, Prowash

Hello Dan and all you P/wers,

This is my first post here and I wish it was better news.

I got a messege on my machine this morning. At first I thought it was a joke, like the Roy D. Mercer stuff. It started out something like "The other day we was havin lunch at the Jack in a Box out there in Cosicana, and there was a coupla fellas sprayin down the sidewalks. Well the sudsy water musta got under the door and when my wife steppped back she done slipped and fell". I kind of chuckled as I dialed the number left with the messege. My emotions quickly changed as the victim explained the story. It was for real! I was devastated! After four years of doing this stuff without a problem, we actually contributed to this lady's injury.

We are always talking about safety for ourselves and and the public. We always set out caution signs when working near the public. Our signs were out when this happened, but the signs were outside the store, where we were working. The accident occurred inside the store where a small amount of our water had seeped under the door.
Well, I've had all day to cry about it. I'm glad I'm insured. I hope I can afford insurance next year. I feel sorry for the old lady. There is no broked bones or anything lasting, just bumped and bruised pretty good.

Don't ever think you got it all covered. We will be taking steps to assure that this does not happen again.

Dan, You are to be commended for your efforts to provide "Profesionalism" to the power wash industry. You have come a long way since we first met on the other bbs four years ago. I will continue to stop in here daily.

See ya,
Rick

spraymasters

Hey Rick, I am so sorry to hear about what happened. Our thoughts are with you and the elderly lady. I know it is frustrating to think you did everything you could do to be safe and protect everyone around you and still someone ends up getting hurt. This is another example why insurance is such a necessity. Don't let it get you down Rick. Just keep doing what you love to do....
Dennis

Dan Flynn

PWN Founder
Thanks Rick,

I remember we had a bump in the road at one time as well. But because of the type of people you and I are, we managed to get over it very quickly
smile.gif
. I want to thank you for sharing you experience with us.

Safety among our employees as well as the general public is a very important issue, and should never be taken for granted.

Your resent situation is the perfect example of, it can happen to even the most conscientious people. We all are at risk.

That is why it is very important to learn from our own as well as the experiences of others. Thanks again, I hope your post helps prevent this situation from happening to someone else.

I look forward to guys like you visiting this board. You have a fleet of trucks, which means you have a fleet of knowledge and experience.

Have a great day

------------------
Dan Flynn
Flynn Service Pro www.powerwash.net
708 715-4205

[This message has been edited by Dan Flynn (edited February 25, 2000).]

Kevin

I'm glad you shared that story with us and being a newbie it was a valuable lesson. You can never be too careful. Hopefully that lady does'nt try to take you to the cleaners. Nowadays in this litigious society people look for potential hazards to get themselves a dollar! Thank God for insurance!

Douglas Hicks

When you do have a mishap( I haven't done anything relly stupid since yesterday), admit it, apoligize, ask how you can make amends, and remember, It happens. I have found people are so used to service people making excuses and denying responsibility, that when you do admit to resonsibility, your customer is truly amazed and will probably be a customer for life. It is easier to slink off, but do the right thing and you will be better off.

a proud member of the mispollers united

Our Sponsors