Yellow Pages Ad - Suggestions, criticisms, etc

oneness

Here in Gainesville, we have three phone books...the BellSouth pages, The Source Book, and a local book called the "MegaBook". It is the same format as the BS pages, and comes out in October, a couple months prior to BS and the other book. This will be my first ad, and I'm going big...A 1/2 page ad will cost me about the same as a 1/8 page ad in the Bellsouth book. It'll be the largest ad in the PW section, and will be at the top of the page. This is what I've come up with so far, and I'd like any suggestions or criticisms. Don't hold back!

The picture of the rig will be different...I'm going to take a better pic with a nicer background.

Attachments

• megabook ad resized.jpg
    megabook ad resized.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 121

the_GUNN_man

Are you in the other books? What has worked for me is instead of going big in one book and nothing in the other I try and average it out. We have two books here. I am the biggest in one and second biggest in the other. The SBC book is so expensive most stay away from advertising there. I have the edge there. Most weekend guys can't foot the $1500 a year for a SBC ad. I spend about $1500 for SBC and $1100 for the Yellow Book. My Yellow Book ad is twice the size of my SBC.

oneness

Not yet, since this is the first year I'm going into the books. I do plan to put an ad in the SB pages, but not nearly this large.

Our Sponsors