Sealing tile

Richard

Hello all,
I got a call from a potential customer today and was asked if we can seal marble, Now I've been using KLENZTONE with great results, but I've never been asked to seal anything before, what in the opinions of the masses is the best product and why?
I really need to get back to them as soon as possible, so any help would be much appreciated!
Richard

J Prewitt

For stone and cement there is two basic types of sealers, surface sealers and sub-surface sealers. Depending on what kind of results you want depends on the sealers. Surface sealers will prevent any liquid from soaking into the stone, It protects the surface, it changing the texture of the surface. Like when you get PVC glue on your hands.
Sub-surface sealer will allow stains and liquids to form but can be removed easily.
The surface remains like the orginal surface All sealers will darken the orginal surfaces somewhat. Some will change the color alot.
Marble is a very porus rock and a soft rock and will adsorbe any thing it comes in contact with, It does not wear very good, on entrence it will have a noticable wear places in it.
Because marble is porus, stains can change the color, very hard to get out.
Where is the marble located? inside the house? bathroom? kitchen? Office? Where?
I use a company from Cal. for my sealers, they are very expensive, but it's a good product. They also have marble cleaners. My Installed prices range from $0.28 to $0.75 per sq ft.
They have a web site. Multi seal corp.
Good luck
J Prewitt

Richard

Originally posted by Richard:
Hello all,
I got a call from a potential customer today and was asked if we can seal marble, Now I've been using KLENZTONE with great results, but I've never been asked to seal anything before, what in the opinions of the masses is the best product and why?
I really need to get back to them as soon as possible, so any help would be much appreciated!
Richard

Whats the url for Multi seal ?

Our Sponsors