DI Tanks and Reverse Osmosis

bsamuel77

Ok... so now I'm curious. Where can I find out more info on getting set up with DI or Reverse Osmosis water for a fleet wash?

I'm willing to spend the money to do it right.

Scott Stone

DI tanks are typically rented. You can get them at Culligan or Ionics. Unfortunately power washers have a habit of going out of busines and keeping the tanks. This means that you may have to pay a security deposit. I use Ionics and they did not require a deposit from me, but I have been in business for quite a while. The setup cost varies. It could be $100 or it could be free depending on the supplier. You can process water at the job site.
Ro is a different story. You need to have a location that you can set the system up at and a holding tank. With RO you cannot usually process the water on the job site. That means a big rinse tank on your truck or trailer. So you can do it one of three ways.
1. One big tank and use RO water for everything.
2. Two tanks and have a valve to switch from RO water to regular water.
3. One big tank and a hose to pressure feed from the customer.
The last two ways will require you to put in a three way ball valve to choose between RO water and City water.
Every figure I have seen is that processed water costs you about $.10 a gallon. In reality, for me, it is closer to about $.04 a gallon.

Scott Stone

Our Sponsors