Ecolab chems

chirobob

Has anyone tried their chems, or one of their conglomerate companies "Blue Coral" chemicals.
I called one of their reps today to find a detergent that doesn't cause rust on the underbody when the paint has been sanblasted by the road. I thought of giving it a spray with phosphoric acid after I've finished the rinse off in the 2nd step before I apply the wax to see if this works. But I still want to find a soap that has a 13 + pH that wont rust! I have done a little research and have found that there are chelating agents that aim to soften the water as well as binding to the Fe 2+ ions to prevent it, I've been adding EDTA to my mix but this is doing little for the rust. Up until now I've been making my own soap with the raw ingredients with some great cleaning results- far better than I have been able to buy, but I really want to get on top of this rust issue before I expand into loking for more fleet accounts.

Has anyone tried the blue coral 'velocity clear coat sealer'?

Getting back to the rep from Ecolab, I was most impressed that he wanted to come out on site to watch me do a couple of washes, to find a product that will suit my needs. The real impressive thing about this is the fact that he was willing to come out at 2am this Sunday night to watch how its done!
Now that's service!

Larry L.

PWN TEAM - Moderator Emeritus
Cut back on the rust causing chemical in your formular,you want stop all the rust.Some soaps will cause rust worse then others but none of them stop rust to a point they are none.Some metals rust worse then others and the old cheap bolts will rust nomatter what.Some soaps cause different colored rust and I think your talking about a orangest colored rust and wanting a blackesh brownesh type rust.

Change your formular around alittle and add a rust per-vent-er..

I would think blue coral would make some fine cleaning chemiclas,you cann't go wrong in letting them come and show you there stuff.Sounds as tho you have picked someone who knows and wants to see if they have a chemical just as good as yours.

Our Sponsors