FedEx Expreess Washers!!

Bridget

Hello Everyone!

We sure would like to talk to any FedEx Express washer who wash the Express accounts (Purple/Orange FedEx Logo's).

If you wash inside with conveyor belts, we sure would like to talk to you regarding those belts.

Call or e-mail us.
1-800-451-8684
Bridget@WeKeepItClean.com

Thanks
Bridget & Gordon

Dan S

Bridget,

sorry I missed this post and failed to congraduate you on being a "prego"

I bet you are excited!
Is this your first?

you are just starting and I have 2 in college and one just started 9th grade

I sure miss the younger years.

I wish you the best of best.

A close friend does fed-x in my area I could of had them years ago but at the time I thought I had enough work. He does 2 terminals Not sure about the color in the other one he does but the one that is 10 miles up the road is (i think ) blue. The other one is in a bigger city and has a bigger terminal which also has a few airplanes.

So what's up? I see him all the time we hang out at my camp at least 3 times a week.
Is there something I should let him aware of? he is computer stupid and I doubt he even knows how to turn it on. Yeah :: one of those guys!!:)

Bridget

Dan,

Thank you. This is my second. Both myself and my husband each have a 16 yr olds. I have a daughter he has a son. So we are starting over. Its going to be a ride, thats for sure. :)

The issue with washing FedEx trucks inside is their conveyor belt. It transports packages from the parked truck to the scanning station at the end of the belt.

We wash every FedEx EXPRESS site in Michigan and have been doing so for many years. A couple years ago the belt maintenance company began complaining that the conveyor belts were malfunctioning because of the belts getting wet. So we began tarping the belt. We tarp it from one end to the other from floor to floor and still we are getting complaints from the maintenance company and managers. Even though the tarps are protecting the surface from getting wet, it does not protect the conveyor from the MOISTURE that is introduced into the facility. We are washing 45-55 units in 2 hours at 5 gal per min. 3 days a week in the messy months we are using hot water, in the summer months these facilities are hot saunas to start with. You get the picture.

These conveyor belts were not designed to withstand outdoor elements such as water, salt, snow etc... Some of the inner workings and platforms are manufactured with Mild Steel. Mild Steel will rust when it comes into contact with moisture.

I am curious if any other indoor / conveyor belt FedEx washer is experiencing these same issues and what are they doing to protect the belt. Thats it in a nut shell.

Bridget

Scott Stone

So are you saying that the belts cannot stand humidity? It sounds like they are not well made to me, and the manufacturer is looking for a scape goat. It woudl be one thing if you were constantly sprayingthem down, but if they are covered floor to floor, then there should not be any problems. You can always try sealing the seam with tape, but in reality, I think that it is a manufacturing problem. If it is becaue of Fleetwashing, and that is a very big IF, then they need to figureout a way to make the assemblies more durable. I think that they are looking for a scape goat.

Scott Stone

Gee, almost half way. 3 and a half months and no more sleep for you. Everyone knows a preganant woman can't sleep the last month anyways,

Mike Gwas

Sounds like "it's the wash guys" problem. You know we get blamed for everything........ I wash most of my Fed Ex's outside..... Is this an option ??? Once you are the fall guy you will always be the fall guy !!!!! (Floor Fans ??)

Bridget

In fairness to the actual manufacturers of the conveyors they had no knowledge of the belts being exposed to the amount of water and moisture that they are subject to. They build these belts for many commercial applications. In fact everyone involved didn't know this would become a problem until it did.

We could wash outside however it would create another set of issues. The additional cost of water recovery on an already tight budget, the extra time needed to park, unload, drive back outside, wait for the wash and repark inside, those drivers want out asap.

You guys are right about making us the scapegoat. These conveyors run anywhere from $80,000.00 to 100,000+ and we're not in a position to replace 20 conveyor belts anytime soon.

They didn't know it was going to be a problem, we didn't know. They want us to continue washing inside so we do. It seems to me they couldn't pin us for replacing them when all the parties knew what was happening.

I'm just wondering why we're the only state having this issue - I'd like to know if others are having this same problem.

Bridget

P.S. A good nights sleep is getting hard to come by, but its all worth it. I'm just so blessed to be able to share this experience and my life with such a wonderful man. I Love You Gordon!!! [wsmile]

Our Sponsors