Extandawand

Daryl O

Has anybody had any luck with this company?
I try to call them but they wont return any of my calls. My wand is still under the factory warranty. I tried to e-mail them on some other things such as the pole harness. They over charge me on the shipping and the harness wasn't what I expected. Can anyone help me with this one?

Thanks
Daryl O :burn:

Aplus

I think the guys name is Steve Howland or something like that. He is based in Canada, and does not have a track record of being responsive to customer needs.

If you bought your wand from a distributor, I'd start there.

D

degraffreed

Darrly O

Get ready to pull out your Hair. You might as well go purchase another unit locally. I will tell you from experience that this Extendawand Dealer out of Canada is a Joke.

This Guy named is Stephen Howland, he does not give a Damn about you after the sale. I purchased the 24' from him in March and the thing broke out on the first house I did. I called and left message everyday for about 2 months. I e-mail him so much I added him to my addresse speed dial. When I finally got a hold to him, his excuse was he was out of the country on business.

I told him of the issue with the wand, he stated that I must have recieved a defective or last years model and he would send me out a replacement section. One month later after numerous calls and emails again and threathning letters, I recieve the replacement pole by then I was so furious with the his lack of customer service after the sale and finding out he charged me additional $23.00 for shipping me the replacement part, that was under warranty anyhow and unreadable instructions. I figure that I was not going to spend one more minute trying to fix this piece of junk, so I sent it back to him via UPS.

It took another 3 month for him to credit my account and let me tell you how I finally got him to return my calls. I had one of my employee from my first job call and act like a customer inquiring about an extention wand to purchase that day and need him to return the call asap. Now keep in mind I called him for two months, the answer machine would always pick up, never a human connection, after about 20 minutes he return the call to Richard.

Richard played on with the role as a contractor looking to buy the wand. He ask all the questions about the quality of the wand, have he had any complaints on this exact kind I had, the price and if he would stand behind his product. As normal he was as friendly as before, made a good pitch for the wand and all the while was pitching the wand quality craftmenship, Richard hands me the phone and I introduce my self and you should have heard the SURPISE IN HIS VOICE, and I ream him a new a*****e and informed him of what I though about him and his bASEMENT COMPANY AND i WOULD LET ALL THE GUYS ON THE BB KNOW THAT TO NEVER GIVE HIM ONE PENNY OF THEIR BUSINESS.

This guy business ethic STINKS. Do No Buy From Him. You will have nothing but anger after the sale. I informed him if he did not have my money back into my account within 48 hours, I would start legal procedings against him. He went on rambling about his outside accountant had already credited my account and I let him know that was not the case, my account had not been credited.

I also was going to inform the Candian Business Bureau about the experience with him.

He hopes that you will give up after awhile and go away.Stay on his ass For $225.00 for a wand... I do not think so. Let anyone you know Never to purchase from Extendawand out of Canada. I really did not know if I could legally do anything since he was in Canada.

So I just had to vent. I had an earlier post stating I would come back and bash the hell out of his company and Here It Is.

Degraffreed

Clean County

Even though I like the Extenda wand I to am disappointed in the way Steve handles his customer service. Awhile back my Extenda wand parts broke. I called Steve a few times but he never returned my calls. So I then Notified Beth from See Dirt Run about my problem and she wen't out of her way to contact him. Steve told her that he would take care of my problem free of charge except for the shipping.

SO what happens?? Steve sends me my parts and hits me up for around $35 or so.

Ok.....He went against his word by charging me but at least I got my parts......Now the new problem I am having is that I glued these parts together but that didn't work. Now I hear that Steve won't return his calls to tell us what Kind of Epoxy Glue he recommends to fix these parts.

I still say that the Wand is a good one but the Customer Service is about as bad as I seen in the Powerwashing field. I believe that Steve was tipped off that I am a board of director for the PWNA but he still doesn't care. So now I no longer recommend to anyone to purchase his wand. Bad business practice by him as far as I'm concerned.......This is for him [lskjfdjf]

Daryl O

Ijust got a e-mail from this guy check this out

Daryl,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you I have been out of the office for the last 10 days. I am sorry that the unit does not fit, this is the only size we carry at this time, it you would like to return it for a full refund please return it to us prepaid. How did you make out with your problem with the wand itself at the dealer?

This is Bull Crap :burn:

O

OrangeCrest

You paid how much!?!

You should have gone to Northern Tool, their super heavy duty s $169. They back their stuff and that is where I got mine.

Still have it after 2-yrs... Actually I don't use it as much as you other guys, but it works for me...

squirtgun

The fiberglass/aluminum poles weight a ton compared to the all aluminum extenda wand and coress power wand.If you rarely use an extension wand fiberglass is the ticket.For those that use extentions all the time,the all aluminum wands are best.They are more ridgid and light weight.The coress wand is in the neighborhood of $300+.I have used one they are well worth the price.

D

degraffreed

Hey Gents.

Since their is a lot of issues dealing with Stephen, lets copy these post and e-mail them to him at www.extendawand.com. I think if he see that his customers are unhappy and want to save or continue to have a business, maybe he will change his business tactics. There is power in NUMBERS.

Degraffreed :burn:

onecallpowerw

And my two cents.

Extendawand sucks. I did buy two at the beginning of the year and it was the most foolish thing I could have done. They are the most cumbersome wand I have ever used. Yeah the lock pins are great but if you have to wash with it more than 10 minutes you will be hurtin.

I would rate the extendawand the worst product for pressure washers out there. PERIOD

I only hope many will see this thread and put this guy out of business.

Mark

Moderator / Sponsor
Many people love the Extendawand.. go figure?
I guess you can not please everyone.

All telescoping wands are heavy and cumbersome, some more
than others, I know of numerous people who have bought more
than one Extendawand and are pleased with the product.

I am not making excuses for Steven just stating the fact that
many people are happy with the product.
:)

onecallpowerw

All great....

Yeah but......When you advertise a product to be the lightest made with aircraft aluminum, that is specific. Then to not have any customer service when needed is another thing. I am sure you have some people that just love it but maybe they are just saying that because they feel like a fool for buying it like I do. Almost double the cost of the old fiberglass.

I tried to get the advertised 1/4 hose for the ones I bought and guess what, to this day and I am talking back to February, he still has not returned the calls to purchase these even after told he would call me back.

I might just find a way to weigh these things vs. the old fiberglass wands that we have used for years and I can guarentee you they weigh at least 10-15 lbs more than the older fiberglass wands not to mention the trigger guns tend to bend while working leaving it less stable when working.

I wonder what would happen to my own business if I waited 7 months to call back an unhappy customer.

just my 2 measly cents......

Aplus

I like my Extendawands. I have 9 & 12 foot models. Both are a two seasons old. With my xjet I don't need longer poles.

The lock pin mechanisms are far better then the twist-lock on the fiberglass poles. So many times I'd have a little soap on my hands and couldn't grip the twist-lock tight enough to loosen it. The fiberglass is not as ridgid as the aluminum, in my opinion.

I only wash about 20-25 houses a year, so maybe I'm not qualified enough to voice any more on this.

Yeah, the service may be inadequate, but I will still keep using Extendawands until something better comes along.

the_GUNN_man

They sent me the wrong size hose in mine and I called and they replaced it right away. I have nothing but good things to say about them.

Our Sponsors