questioon for yellow pages advertisers

Christopher

Hello Everyone,
I was wondering what section of the yellow pages your ads are in. My ad has not done good at all and it is in the pressure washing section. I am thinking of moving it to the water pressure cleaning section. What section do you advertise in? What section has done the best for you? I am also thinking of changing my ad. Any ideas for a good yellow pages ad, if so please let me know or send me one. Thanks.

AdkinsPwrWash

Not only do your ads not seem to be doing well, your posts asking questions on here don't seem to be doing too hot either. ;) Just kidding with ya.

I can't help ya there, I haven't advertised in the yellow pages yet, I've had the best luck with flyers, and b-cards. Maybe you could place an ad in the pressure washing section..a nice ad, and then maybe put another one in another section...that has people who p-wash in it as well...kind of a cross-reference..so no matter what section that they look in....they will see your ad. I know it may be more expnsive to do, but it should help ya out.

oneness

Christopher said:
Hello Everyone,
I was wondering what section of the yellow pages your ads are in. My ad has not done good at all and it is in the pressure washing section. I am thinking of moving it to the water pressure cleaning section. What section do you advertise in? What section has done the best for you? I am also thinking of changing my ad. Any ideas for a good yellow pages ad, if so please let me know or send me one. Thanks.

This is the first year I'm running yellow pages ads. There are three books in this area, the Bellsouth book, a local phonebook, and the Sourcebook. I'm running ads in the local book and the Bellsouth book. I'm the largest ad in both books. The local book came out about a month ago, and I've already generated enough work to pay for the first 8 months of the ad. The bellsouth book hits around the first of the year, and I'm optimistic that the results there will be similar or better. My display ads are run under the Pressure Washing (or Pressure Cleaning) heading, and then I have bold one line listings under several other headings such as roof cleaning, gutter cleaning, deck restoration, concrete cleaning, and likely a few I can't recall right this moment.

I think my results are due in large part to having a large, eye catching display ad. My logic was that I wanted to be the ad that everyone noticed when they opened the book. Not everyone will call the largest ad, but many will. I do it when I'm looking for someone in the yellow pages.

I don't think you'll get the results you're looking for with a smaller ad, or with a one line listing, especially in a larger market. There are just too many folks out there with listings.

Bob Gates

I agree with Mike.....

Unless your company name is AAA Cleaning which puts you first inline in most books..You need to be as big as you can afford..The bigger the better.
Something I do when using Yellow Pages... when I call a number...if I get no answer I move on to the next one....So it is a must that you have some type of forwarding phone system so that you don't miss calls...

Our Sponsors