Read Only Area

bfenne

What I mean by this is....Have a place where only legitimate industry leaders can post hard facts/suggestions to many of the common questions. Maybe break it down by topic. This would give people new like myself and seasoned a place to feel confident in information they read. I guess the board would have to decide who are the industry leaders in these areas. There are so many Manny the Mopes out there posting and you dont know who they are or what to believe. Also many posts are vague and there responses are lacking confidence. True professionals would not leave out critical details and are not worried about keeping things secret to protect themselves.

I guess this is probably wishful thinking for such an area on the board. If there is one already please point me in the right direction!!!!

What do I know, I new!!!!!

Dan S

What do I know, I new!!!!!

I thought about this for some time and would like to respond even though you state it is a “read onlyâ€￾. First of all you cant just post something like this and not except a response.It’s like having a debate with only one candidate. Only one sided.

Professionals? How do you think they became “professionalsâ€￾? It wasn’t because of somebody telling them how to do it or what is the best chem..or how to work on your machine, Sure it is nice to talk to somebody or post a post and hope for a reply. However getting to the point of being “professionalâ€￾ requires a lot of “hands-onâ€￾ experience. You can read it in a book or read it on the web but the true way to really know what and how to do it is going to have to come from –DOING IT -. The “professionalsâ€￾ give you either what they know as information or just enough information to allow you to learn a bit and possibly learn something new , or a better way you found as a result of the information you got.

You are right about There are so many Manny the Mopes out there posting and you dont know who they are or what to believe.

And it brings me to this point
When we choose to offer info. We bring ourselves to a new playing field , a field where we can offer “secretsâ€￾ for the whole world to see. Anybody can type a made up location and name. however there are ways to check that out as well.

You said - True professionals would not leave out critical details and are not worried about keeping things secret to protect themselves.

Again I ask ….. How do you think they became “professionalsâ€￾? If you really are serious about this field and willing to learn then get out and learn. As you use the board you will learn who to trust and who to ignore. A lot of these guys have been around for quite sometime, dozen or so of us has been on this BB since the start. We see a lot of folks come and go. Most stay and become a part of the PWN. use it to your advantage, Then get out and DO IT.

The BB is here for you to use, You just have to learn how to use it. You also have to contribute and not just take. We all know who is new and who has been doing it for awhile. We also know who to trust. when you make a comment like we protect ourselves and leave out some info. I guess you are right about that but we leave out just enough so you don’t get everything for FREE, It’s up to the reader to determine what works for him/her.

.Have a place where only legitimate industry leaders can post hard facts/suggestions to many of the common questions

Use the search feature on this BB grab a cup of coffee and enjoy yourself. You will be surprised how much you will learn. Then go do it for your self. Your best experience is going to be _your own experience. Just because we tell you to use a certain pressure on a job or the best nozzle, We tell you that because that is what worked for us, It doesn’t mean that it will work for you. You have to learn by your mistakes and by your own experience.

Pressure washing is not that hard, It is pretty simple but yet at the same time a bit complex. Most of us who started this business started it when the BB’s were not around and we all made a successful business, But it didn’t come easy. The newbies now has everything at their disposal. All you have to do is read and interact.
You can’t expect everything just handed to you on a gold platter. Your comments are pretty typical of a fired up newbie. You want to learn fast and make a ton of money With little expense. There is nothing wrong with that but don’t dive into a pool of water until you know there is water in it. You have everything here, but yet you want more. The only way to get MORE is by doing it. Every area is different, therefore every response on a thread is going to be the response that worked for them in their area.

Enjoy the board , the board doesn’t need a change it runs great. Your business will do the same as you grow and learn.

Also many posts are vague and there responses are lacking confidence.
Again it’s up to you to determine that. Even if we had a “PROFESSIONALâ€￾ forum it is going to be from their experience which may or not work for you.

“HANDS ONâ€￾ is going to be your best we can only offer suggestions.

bfenne

Dan,

Thank you for the reply I would like to clarify that the title Read Only did not mean not to reply but rather a specific area where only PW Industry Leaders can post there ideas off one another. You know who these people are. It would be good way to feel confident in what you are reading without having to disect it and wonder was it accurate info.

Sure I agree the best knowledge comes from hands on but I ask you this...Would you want me to wash your home,building or whatever learning by trial and error? Probably not.

I also agree that some jobs will present some obstacles but for the most part I would bet that most everyone uses very similar techniques for the different areas of powerwashing. There are fundamental basics for everything.

So yes I am looking for the most trust worthy knowledge I can aquire for FREE
while I am researching this industry during my decision process. I think IMHO this is an educated approach. Am I interested in PW? Sure, Fired up not just yet...when and if I make the final step Then I will be fired up. I hope to get to that point from all board contributers.

Dan I dont know if your an industry leader or where you fall in the game but either way thank you for your response.

Dan S

*****Dan I dont know if your an industry leader or where you fall in the game but either way thank you for your response*****

Your welcome!:)

Our Sponsors