Getting ready to advertise

deckrock

Four months from now, we'll be starting our advertising. So far, we've placed an ad in our 2 local phonebooks (which comes out yearly in March), which pretty much stretches out the advertising budget for us. However, we're considering either doing a local home show (which is in March and is geared to home owners) OR plan to do mailers. If I plan to spend $1,000 in marketing (besides the local phone books), what would be my biggest return.... local newspaper (daily paper), mailers or a home show?

Pressure washing is a part time, seasonal thing for us. Been doing it for 8 years, but moved to this area 2 years ago, so our name is new here. We specialize in decks, but also wash roofs and houses.

Henry Bockman

I would suggest trying local newspapers that have a service directory in them. I would still go to this home show though and introduce yourself to other contractors and exchange cards with them. Try finding companies that you will be able to refer work too and the trade out referrals with each other.

Dixiedrifter

This year my plans are to create a web site, then place a series of small ads in the yellow pages with the url to my site.

That way I can educate my potential customers 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, all without them ever picking up the phone.

Our Sponsors