Mixing Powdered Chemicals

Christopher

Hello,
I was wondering what different ways everyone uses to mix chemicals. I am going to mix some powdered chemicals and was looking for something inexpensive like an attachment for the end of a drill if that will work. I am going to mix a few 55gallon barrels and would like to find a way that is efficient and inexpensive. Thanks for any help.

Larry L.

PWN TEAM - Moderator Emeritus
When I mixed the powdered chemicals in a 55 gal drum I used my wand with a soap nozzle for mixing.

I would fill the drum with about 25 to 30 gallons of water,stick my wand down in the drum,started the powerwasher and poured the powdered in slowly letting the wand do the mixing.

Dan S

The best way I found ..................... I use a 60 gal drum with a screw lid.......... I found a couple of them the guys use to get greese in (cooking greese)

If you cant find one of them cut a reg. 55 gal drum off at the top ...you can use anything to make the cur.. >>chainsaw.... jig-saw..... dremel tool........ etc.
I fill the drum up 25 30 gal with warm h20 pour the powder in slow then top off with cold h20 with your wand .......... with the bigger opening you can move your wand back and forth and pouring your powder in makes it a heck of alot easier with the bigger opening.

Basically like Larry said but with the top off

Then put your new mix into a drum with a lid. ie. shur flow or drum pump.

B.E YOUNG Sr

Christopher said:
Hello,
I was wondering what different ways everyone uses to mix chemicals. I am going to mix some powdered chemicals and was looking for something inexpensive like an attachment for the end of a drill if that will work. I am going to mix a few 55gallon barrels and would like to find a way that is efficient and inexpensive. Thanks for any help.

Read the MSDS sheets and have the PPE on before you start mixing..

Our Sponsors