Cleaning Tractor Trailers

Christopher

Hello Everyone,
I had a call yesterday to clean 2 tractor trailers that were very filthy with road grime. They had a barrel of acid but do not remember what kind it is as the label has fallen off. I have not washed trucks before. I have a Hot water, 3000psi, 5.6gpm Hotsy unit. I have a X-Jet M5, FloJet sprayer but no vehicle brushes. Please tell me what I am in for and what to expect. The rigs are polished tanks (when clean) and do not know if they are aluminum or other. Please tell me what the steps are, what you would do and what to expect. Thanks.

Superior Power Washing
Corpus Christi, Texas
361-853-2513
chris969@swbell.net

Mike Gwas

Can't be a truck washer without a brush !!!!!! If the acid is unkown throw it in the trash. HF acid will ruin the polished. Any caustic soap will ruin the polished. However causitic soap will clean the trucks and HF acid will brighten the aluminum. CLEAR AS MUD.....

Dan S

Wow lots of Q's

I would stay away from that acid if you (and them) dont know for sure what it is.

I would first rinse the trk. to see what you are up against .... Tanks etc...........

If you have your chems down you can use your flo-jet and do a "pre-spray " wash.

spray your soap on then wash it with your hot water.

but before I would put anything on them I would hit it with just water

If they want you to use their acid with no label tell them that you are not responsible for any damage that it may cause.

Larry B

Purchase the right cleaning chems first, don't use their unknown. With a good quality acid, soap and hot water you should definately not have to brush those trailers. The only time I find brushing necessary is on chrome bumpers and sometimes soot stained hoods. Just go light on the polished tanks ( most likely aluminum). Most tanks are not mirror polished just shiny and a mild acid won't hurt.

Larry L.

PWN TEAM - Moderator Emeritus
I have to agree with Larry,throw the brush away and become a pro truckwasher and not the wantabee with blisters on his hands :rolleyes:.

PH acid on polished and HF on aluminum..

Our Sponsors