New Custermers

edspowerwash

Hi Everyone,

This is the new guy again. Thjank you for helping me out.

What source do you find is money best spent, for gaining new custermers?
Ad's flyers... I know referals, but I am new. [spin]

Thanks
Ed [white]

Last edited:
A

Andrew0214

Advertising Dollars

The absolute best money that we spend for advertising is on our dollar bill sized yellow pages ad. We do about ten grand a month in revenue off of it a month in the summer----plus you have to look at the back end of that.....all the referral and repeat customers that snowball afterewards. However, the yellow pages always generates immediate profits for us. Next, the val-pak coupons here in Atlanta (coupons that come in the mail in an envlpe). It costs us about 3,000 to put out about 100k ads.....we only bring in about seven or eight thousand a month from that......With your variable expenses every month you end up just over breaking even on those type ads...HOWEVER, in the long run those ads pay for themselves because of the REPEAT AND REFERRAL BUSINESS THEY CREATE!!!!!!!!!!!!

smokey51

Real Estate Companies

How about talking to real estate companies? If they have customers who are trying to sell their house and the wood needs restoring, don't you think they would suggest the customer give you a call? Proably would not even have to give them a referral fee because it would help sell the house faster! I would probably take the good looking female agents out to lunch just to say thanks. :D

They also probably have rental properties that need attention also.

And don't forget to leave your business cards at paint stores. You would be suprised at the number of people looking for someone to do some wood restoring.

Smokey

Flyers
tri fold brochures
service directory in local papers
phone book
magnetic business cards
talk to people everywhere you go.
do free demos
do free charity work like Clean Across America
websites
networking groups
write articles
be the local consultant for the media
yard signs
vehicle lettering
referral programs
real estate agents
property managers
Home owners associations
group discounts
senior discounts

This is some of the stuff I use if you want more ideas or to know how I do something, give me a call.

timhays

Andrew0214 said:
The absolute best money that we spend for advertising is on our dollar bill sized yellow pages ad. We do about ten grand a month in revenue off of it a month in the summer----plus you have to look at the back end of that.....all the referral and repeat customers that snowball afterewards. However, the yellow pages always generates immediate profits for us. Next, the val-pak coupons here in Atlanta (coupons that come in the mail in an envlpe). It costs us about 3,000 to put out about 100k ads.....we only bring in about seven or eight thousand a month from that......With your variable expenses every month you end up just over breaking even on those type ads...HOWEVER, in the long run those ads pay for themselves because of the REPEAT AND REFERRAL BUSINESS THEY CREATE!!!!!!!!!!!!

very nice reply andrew my sediments exactly,after a few years you can tailor back on the advertising budget and increase your profits a little.

Our Sponsors