direct mailers

Kevin14606

You're probably better off doing flyers. It's easier to focus on your prospective clients that way. People hate junk mail, but they will at least look at the flyer before they toss it. I will do a neighborhood drive-by and if there are a lot of houses that could use a good wash (and look like they can afford it) I'll hit them with flyers. A lot of times, once you get a job in the neighborhood, people will see you doing it and either call you or walk up. Make sure you have signage at the job you are working on. I have a sign up when I'm working with my cell # on it, so if they call and I have time, I'm right there and can do their house too.

Effective marketing can be very inexpensive and will bring in serious $$$$.

Brian P

The only marketing I do is postcard mailers. I don't need to do anything else. The results are fantastic. I deal with a company in Florida called postcardmania. These people know everything about postcard mailers. The person I deal with is Rob Bradshaw. He has been a tremendous help to me and my business. Their website is www.postcardmania.com. I hope this will help you out.

Good Luck
Brian

deckrock

mailer expense

I've contacted several mailing companies and couldn't believe how expensive postcard mailers are. I've been told by most of these companies that it's best to stick to the same area and send 3-5 cards to the same people over a period of time, rather than 1 postcard to a larger group of people. Customers tend to call the person who's name they remember most or have heard of before.

Dont know what your advertising budget is, but figure about 40 cents per card, per mailing... it gets expensive when you're talking in the thousands.

We've done a 'coupon book', waste of money. Local newspaper and phone book seems to work best for us.... but it still doesn't seem to keep us busy enough. Last summer, we passed out a few flyers. Didn't work well for us this past year... we did have a homeowner call and told us that we broke the flag off his mailbox (we didn't, but we went back and replaced the flag).

CCPC

Direct mail is by far the best advertising you can do. Allthough, I prefer to send envelopes with my advertising in them, as opposed to postcards. Reason being, I believe post cards can tend to get tossed without as much of a glance, where as envelopes can be made to look important which forces residents to open them and examine the contents before tossing. Right there is your 10 seconds of focused attention on your service. Flyers to me, are a waste of time and don't bring near the results of direct mail. It does take some time to put the mailers together, but at least I'm doing it at home watching tv instead of spending hours driving through a neighborhood wasting gas and valuable daylight.

Brian P

I spend roughly around 26 cents per card between printing, addressing, and postage. Postcardmania is the cheapest and the best company to deal with. I budget $1500 a month for advertising. Some times I use it some times I don't. I have had months that I brought in $8000 in business from my mailers. I will gladly spend $1500 to bring in $8000 in repeating business. I mail every month. I will adjust my list on a monthly basis up and down.Certain areas I have been mailing to every month for over a year. People can't call you if they don't know your there. I hope this helps. Good luck

Brian

Our Sponsors