Recommendations please....

crystalclear

I am starting to get into doing 2 and 3 story commercial buildings(more specifically malls) and the windows have to be reached with a lift. Do you recommend a scissor lift or a boom lift? And i already know that the tires need to be non marking. Also i am going to buy it used. Any suggestions on makes and models?

Thanks

Mark

Crystal Clear Window Cleaning

S

Slim Pickens

Mark we use the denka lift you can trailer it right to the back of yuor truck
it will fit through the mall doors no mar wheels check it out www.denkalift.com
hope this will help.

Jim

BrianD

Jim,

I am in the market for a lift, but don't need one witht the working height of the Denka lifts. I think they might be out of my price range too. Do you have any other suggestions? I have seen other similar lifts with about 30-40 ft working heights. That would probably be more of what I need.

Regards........Brian

S

Slim Pickens

Brian

You could try looking at sky Genie it is a single man lift with stablizers on all four corners or maybe if you have rental places around try them for a used Genie.

Genielifts.com

Jim

BrianD

Jim,

Thanks for the link. I looked at Genie Lifts, but don't really need anything that big. They were a bit out of my price range too. I like the NiftyLift line, but can't find a local dealer.

http://www.niftylift.com/trailer/120.htm#

I was looking for a similarly priced option that was a bit smaller. Any one know of any?

crystalclear

The denka lift looks good, but pricey i only need about 35-40ft. working height. Well let me know if you have any suggestions or ideas. Thanks.

Mark

Larry B

You can check eBay, there are several in the CA area. How are you going to transport it? I have considering purchasing one but I would have to go to a flatbed truck for my setup instead of a trailer, unless I go with a smaller scissor type that can be loaded in the back of the truck. One thing to consider is what type of terrain you will be using it on. Will you need a boom or will a scissor do fine? Most of my commercial work I can do from a scissor lift because they have sidewalks surrounding the building. Occasionally there is landscaping close to the buildings that give me problems and have to use an extended wand but boom style lifts are bigger and don't fit alot of sidewalks because of their width. I rent one when needed for now but haven't decided on what type or setup will work best.

crystalclear

Im going to haul it with my truck. I have found some decent sized and priced boom lifts. The boom lift seems to give me more range than a scissor lift. But im still not sure. The scissor lifts are cheaper.

wallhugger

when I last checked (YR ago) the denkalift was availble to rent in chicago area for 1000$ day min. Genie makes a 50' towable bom of which some you can find on the rental market that are self-propelled once you are on job site. Even though they have rubber tires, you could put duct tape on them so as not to mark up floors. Alternately, throw down 1/4" plywood and drive on that. Remember that while you have a much larger working area from one position w/boom, you must have adequate floor space for your outriggers to adequately be set. The scissors are more compact but 4-5000 lbs on 4 smaller wheels- make sure the floor load rating of the mall can handle that-usually not a problem. Why buy when you can rent 1st www.unitedrentals.com or check in yellow pages in your area under contractors equipment-rental. genie.com and jlg.com will list heights, weight, floor load ratings and outrigger footprints for all equipment. P.S. when I use a boom next to glass curtain walls BEFORE I go up< I cover the cage railings w/3/4" pipe insulation as a buffer in case I bump into glass, bldg walls so as not to mark it. You can get that at Lowes/Home Depot about 4$ for 4-5 4 foot sleeves two packages of that and a good roll of duct tape should get u going.

Our Sponsors