Tanker Trucks

R

rknight68

I have been asked to provide a bid for weekly cleaning on a small fleet. There are five tanker trucks-a couple of different sizes(2500-3500 gal), company van, a tractor, a few pickups, and a trailer. The company cleans grease traps so the tanker trucks get pretty.... well, greasy. This was all over the phone at this point so I have not seen the trucks yet.

I've put out a few bids on other jobs and had no luck yet, I'd like to get this work and am not sure how to put the bid together, since I don't have any experience to go from.

It was suggested that I use overhead and then add what I want to make, unfortunately since I don't have any steady work, to determine that at this point. I'm looking for a ballpark, hell even just the parking lot would do, on what is common.

I'm also not sure what degree of clean they are looking for. I want to be ahead of the game when I talk with them and be ready to offer a couple of different options. The person that I spoke to (back door approach to marketing in play here got this started) said they thought another option they were looking at would be $45 to $60 range on the tankers at a truckwash. The drivers would drive quite a ways to do this, so there's a build in selling point for me in fuel and labor costs to the company.

Any help would be appreciated. Since I haven't been able to go watch Larry and his 2steppin', I'll be brushing when needed here

THANKS,

Scott Stone

He gave you the signal on what he wants to be less than. You can go from there.
Other than that, since I can't see them, it would jsut be a WAG anyway.

Scott Stone

Larry L.

PWN TEAM - Moderator Emeritus
Make sure they understand your bid is for weekly,not every two weeks or monthly.

Are the tankers and the 25-3500 tanks polished?

Are the trucks daycabs?

If daycabs I'd want 55/60 on the tankers and 25 on the 25-3500.

Our Sponsors