What do you recommend for inside cleaning?

crystalclear

I use ammonia and water in a spray bottle for the inside of the windows. Is there anything else that i can use? Just curious

Mark

Moderator / Sponsor
IMHO you are using one of the most effective
and economical products available. :)

imMac

Sounds like you have a winner there.
If its good enough for windex, its good enough for us window cleaners. Keep the blue out of it so everyone wants to know what you are using when they ask tell them its some secret formula, handed down for generations.
LOL.
true my grandma used it.
good luck. Immac. [2cool]

mervyn green

Yes there a great product on the market called Reflections it is from the Conklin company. This product is a concentrate and very economical. It can only be purchased thru a Conklin IBO, which my fiance` is. For more info on this great product call her at: 402-617-55542

Mid west powerwashing
MervynGreen

S

steve r

crystalclear said:
I use ammonia and water in a spray bottle for the inside of the windows. Is there anything else that i can use? Just curious
vinegar and water with news paper the ink in the paper cleans the windows streaky free

W

wow44

The Best!

Just take a little joy or dawn dish detergent(1/4 cup) and put in a 2gallon bucket of water. Mix good, then use a good fuzzy squeegee to clean and a dry good quality rubber squeegee to dry.

Mark

Moderator / Sponsor
When I was doing washing we would use clear detergent ammonia mixed with water. [hello]

Window Cleaner/Degreaser
For cleaning windows, glass, and mirrors, stove, oven, and greasy fingerprints.

Recipe #1
1/2 cup rubbing alcohol
1 tablespoon non-sudsing or clear ammonia
1/4 teaspoon automatic dishwasher detergent
1 drop of blue food coloring (optional)
1-quart water

meads22

ClassicalGlas said:
Windex is crap... use a mild detergent only, and definitely stay away from petroleum products.

I second that! Being new to window cleaning I leanred this the hard way.

D

Dorsky01

Hey all...
I use the same cleaning method inside as i do outside. I spray the window with my solution (2 teaspoon dawn dish soap 2 ounces amonia and the rest water in a HD spray bottle) and srub it with a 14" washer, then sqeege it with what ever size squeege is appropriate. Is this a decent way of doing things???
Also i use an 8' extension pole for higher windows to avoid ladder usage, just kind of a personal preference, what do you think??

drivewaysonly

Dorsky01 said:
Hey all...
I use the same cleaning method inside as i do outside. I spray the window with my solution (2 teaspoon dawn dish soap 2 ounces amonia and the rest water in a HD spray bottle) and srub it with a 14" washer, then sqeege it with what ever size squeege is appropriate. Is this a decent way of doing things???
Also i use an 8' extension pole for higher windows to avoid ladder usage, just kind of a personal preference, what do you think??

The first real method for cleaning windows mentioned thus far. you are on the right track. The amonia will cause the sollution to dry too fast. cut back on the dish soap, leave out the amonia and you will speed up your process with better results.

Micah

It all depends on what you have to clean off the windows. Just like you wouldn't clean vinyl siding with only dish soap, you can't clean a greasy restruants windows with just dawn effectively. Windows drying quickly is not always a down side. Although you may have to wet only 3 or so windows at a time in order to catch them before they dry, you will have less detailing work to do afterwords.

drivewaysonly

True. Funny how I fogot, not every body cleans what i clean...I am told amonia works well for smoke windows too.

I do a ton of ccu jobs so solution staying wet is vital.

Our Sponsors