Quick connects on triggers?

5 Star Johnny

[whatup] How many of you use quick connects at the end of your trigger handles to switch lances? We do a lot of siding cleaning and I utilize several different lengths of lances during a job. (18" - 8') Allows us to make a quick legth switch without releasing water and drawing chems. Biggest problem is that the plugs get knurled from the vibration between the trigger & lance. Have to replace plugs & o-rings more often. Even so, saves time.

Just wonderin' who else does this.

onecallpowerw

So you know....

We have different lenghts also. What we have are ball valves at the ends of our hoses and it allows us to change out the entire gun with different lenghts.
It does cost more because you have to buy more triggers but it is well worth it.

vandiesel99

I tried QC'n the gun and the lance but I had a problem with the QC's breaking if I dropped the gun wrong, etc. I use a ball valve now.

Dave Olson

We use stainless quick coupler with a ballvalve. All of the other couplers we use are the less expensive brass or plated steel.

Dave Olson

Attachments

• valveandwhipassembly.jpg
    valveandwhipassembly.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 649

New Look

Registerd User
We use stainless quick coupler with a ballvalve. All of the other couplers we use are the less expensive brass or plated steel.

Dave Olson

Dave or anyone...what is the advantage of using stainless quick connects vs. brass? Dave I have a similar set up like you pic above except it looks like you have a whip line connected to the ball valve! Looks cool

Hansen stainless steel QC's and plugs last dam near forever Carlos. I've tried them all, still have Hansen QC's and plugs from 5 years ago, working perfectly.

Sure they cost more, but better than that China crapola. the China stainless rusts, I rest my case.

I get all my QC's and plugs through Dultmeier.

Dave or anyone...what is the advantage of using stainless quick connects vs. brass? Dave I have a similar set up like you pic above except it looks like you have a whip line connected to the ball valve! Looks cool

New Look

Registerd User
Thanks James...All I have every used was brass. My ball valves are stainless like Dave pic above.

I am actually going with a new setup next year and am evaluating some things!!!

Doug Rucker

PWN ADMIN TEAM -
Staff member
I sand down my plugs with sandpaper when the vibtration has caused them to not fit. Just a couple twists with sandpaper right at the ridge and they re-connect easily.

Dave Olson

Thanks James...All I have every used was brass. My ball valves are stainless like Dave pic above.

I am actually going with a new setup next year and am evaluating some things!!!

The picture that I posted is the end of our hoses. We put our wands into the stainless coupler. The rest of the stuff is a 3/8" ball valve, hose whip, swivel, hose to pump.

Dave Olson

Our Sponsors