Limestone on Excavating Equipment

Joe Ragsdale

I have an opportunity to bid on cleaning excavating equipment in a limestone quarry on a regular basis. The owner actually has four quarries in the area that he is interested in me bidding on. In order to bid these correctly, I'm wondering what is the best chemical/acid to use to remove the limestone residue? I'm using 3500psi/5gpm hot water and also have a turbo nozzle if needed. I can 2-step if needed but I need to know first what I'll need to get the limestone off. Any help would be appreciated!

Joe

E

eric

Joe, I don't do fleet washing and I could be wrong because I had never heard of this before but a guy called me to wash down their excavating equipment that they are using at a job site. He told me that they use ( vinegar ) on the equipment to clean them. He said they spray it on let it sit then powerwash. I would definetely get someone elses opinion, I just thought I would let you know what I heard. If that's what they used it did a pretty good job. They are really clean now.

Eric Phelps

Joe Ragsdale

Thanks for the input, Eric. I'll keep that in mind. I've heard that limestone residue is really difficult to remove if not done properly. I just want to make sure my bases are covered beforehand! :)

Joe

Our Sponsors