Marketing question

TexasWash

Sorry for taking up your time ladies/gentlemen but i was wondering how many of you have utilized a door to door marketing technique and if so, how succesful was it for your business? Im attempting to convince myself that i can suck it up and go knock on some doors and i just wanted to get some feedback from the pro's. Thanks for your time and responses.

Daniel G

Maine_Wash

Working this idea....

I am preparing to start a pressure washing business over the summer after college lets out. I am considering a 'targeted' and efficient door-to-door marketing strategy. The first level of my marketing is going to be standard brochures and business cards and flyers. The second layer is going to be door to door in neighborhoods where I get jobs.

I figure while my after I help my buddy prep and he gets started on the job, I'll do a neighborhood walkthrough leaving brochures and making pitches and return in time to help him clean up. It will certainly be good for my salesman ship skills.

What do y'all think?

-Chris

crystalclear

Selling people face to face is the best way. Just be sure that you tell them that you are giving everyone a free estimate, and that you would like to give them their's too since all of their neighbors got one. This gives you an oppurtunity to give them not only a price, but to show them why they need the work done (basically just point out everything thats dirty and needs to be cleaned) This will help them to realize that they need it done, and since you are right there, they might as well sign up.

Just build up some sales skills, and be confident at all times! People can tell when you are nervous or new. Those people will tear you to shreds if they even get a hint that you are new.

deckrock

I was on a web site (actually, it may have been this web site last year) and one guy said he dropped off flyers and had a Post-It note attached to the flyer. He said if the homeowner wanted a free estimate, to stick the post it on the front door on xx date and he'd be back in the area to give the free estimate. He wouldn't have to bother anyone ringing door bells...

Aplus

Personally, I think face to face selling with business people would be time better spent. Residential door to door sales is just not in vogue anymore. Gone with the Fuller Brush man. Think about how receptive you yourself would be to an unsolicited vendor wasting your time for a service you may or may not need.

However, initiating a visit to your local businesses that obviously could use your service, is still common. Commercial areas with concrete do need periodic
cleaning, and you could hit at just the right time.

Just .02

Our Sponsors