Looking for alternative to bleach

pgunn

Hello,

I'm new to the site, but I have already seen the advantages to such a wealth of information.

I have been cleaning primarily flat surfaces for the past few years, but now I find myself receiving calls for cleaning eves, gutters, and overhangs.

I have done some research, but due to fairly limited resources in my area, I can find very little information.

I am looking for an environmentally friendly way to clean the heavy black layer (dirt and mold) from these surfaces (of course maily vinyl and metal).

The only response I'm getting from my research is to hand spray a bleach solution (of 25% to 50% bleach). I have run some spot testing with this approach, but my results are uneven at best.

Also I don't have a great deal of faith in this solution to be safe around plant life.

I would certainly appreciate any feedback.

Thanks
P

TheHoodGuy

The black on gutters is often not just mold. To get what remains after cleaning with bleach (keep reading these pages on the best way to do that) Get yourself a butyl based cleaner and an extension pole. Wet down all your vegetation and scrub away.

meads22

I use purple power $5 from walmart. Spray it on a truck brush using a extension pole. Be careful not to let it dwell long(30sec max) or it will effect the paint, another note watch the dripping from the brush can and will cause damage to some materials.

Our Sponsors