Belt vs Gear drive

Chuck Boggs

I am a newbie and have really tried to absorb as much info as possible from this board. Thanks to all.When purchasing a PW,which is preffered, belt or gear drive?Thanks for the log on help Dan.

Dan Flynn

PWN Founder
Hey Chuck,

Welcome to the board. As I'm sure you can see this board is filled with great information. But most importantly the people here are even better. Enjoy and learn, I hope to see you giving tips of your own real soon.
smile.gif

Belt driven is the best.

------------------
Dan Flynn
Flynn Service Pro
www.powerwash.net
708 715-4205

Jaime

Chuck, I personally like the belt drive. Most of the Better pw are belt driven I have a direct drive machine and the drive shaft is going. The belt absorbs alot of the "shock". I will cost as much to replace shaft as it will to buy new engine. Hope this helps some. Jaime

spraymasters

Chuck, I am a newbee also but have really tried to do my homework. From everything I have read, the belt drive is the way to go for professionals when you want a long lasting machine. Hope this helps and welcome to "the" board!
Dennis

Scott Stone

The advantages to belt drive is the shock absorption. I have had a direct drive wear out the key way. Twice. It is really frustrating to have the motor turning, You are sure the unloader is good and the packing is good and no water, not a drop.
Direct drives for small machines is great in spite of this be cause of the throw away factor. It is cheaper to toss it sometimes than to repair it.

------------------
If man evolved from monkeys and apes, Why do we still have monkeys and apes

Just a guy driving around trying to make a living washing trucks, Wouldn't know a deck if it bit me in the hind quarters,

Bus. Phone 480-834-3434
Cell Phone 602-509-9741

Our Sponsors