Pricing Structure

steffysdad

I am new to this forum--I registered today.

I worked for a printing company in South Central Pennsylvania for over 24 years. Got the great idea to move to a bigger home last fall, unfortunatley decided that we could move ourselves and decided to forego the moving company. During the entire process, my back started bothering me, but I thought that it was due to heavy lifting--turns out that I have a degenerative disease that won't get any better--had to quit my printing job that I loved--and it was time to look for a new job. My wife works with an individual that has owned a power washing service for the last 15 years--he did it p/t, never really got into things FT. He gave me the opportunity to try the work, starting as washing a local fleet of trucks, to see if my back could handle the job. Well, I have been doing this since January and really enjoy the work. I have done numerous decks, power washing of homes and the fleet of trucks. My wife and I have decided to partner with this individual--he has been instrumental in "showing us the ropes". I have questions about how you price jobs. Is there a standard guide that you use ?? Now that I am getting into this FT, a pricing structure would be very helpful. Any help would be greatly appreciated !

Steffys Dad

PressurePros

To make life easiest for you.

Decks: $2.00 sq ft if you measure just the floor. $1.00 sq ft if you measure all wood.

Houses: $2-3 per linear foot.

Residential concrete: .15-30 per sf

Commercial concrete .05-.10 per sf depending on size of lot

Get yourself an X-Jet and stay off of ladders.

Final Note: Thank your friend for his help and move on without him.

If you have any other questions or need help with ideas and suggestions for marketing your business give me a call. I would be happy to help you out and if you want to come down to Maryland and see how we do things and learn a few other add on services let me know.

deckrock

steffysdad said:
I am new to this forum--I registered today.

I worked for a printing company in South Central Pennsylvania for over 24 years. Got the great idea to move to a bigger home last fall, unfortunatley decided that we could move ourselves and decided to forego the moving company. During the entire process, my back started bothering me, but I thought that it was due to heavy lifting--turns out that I have a degenerative disease that won't get any better--

Steffys Dad

Out of curiousity, is this a DEGENERATIVE DISC DISEASE in your spine? Does your back 'lock up' and cause you to fall or stay in one position til the pain subsides? If so, did you have a cortisone shot? Did the cortisone help? My husband is a truck driver and power washes seasonally and has degenerative disc disease and was told to quit his job (he delivers food to area restaurants). Believe it or not... (not good news), but the stress of holding the wand has also caused carpel tunnel (and because of his driving job) and the way he stands (a bit forward) while holding his wand is causing his back to continue hurting. Our doctor has told us at least 75% of adults have degenerative disc disease and it's the way you care for your back determines how quickly it gets worse. My husband, also, has been told to quit his job.

Our Sponsors