Opinions please..........

Fenceman

Hello all,great forum here.Im considering operating a small power-washing company here in California.Since i have extensive contacts in the fence and construction business it seems logical for me,since i want to downsize considerably and be a one or two man show.Anyways back to the purchase,the fellow is getting a divorce and needs to sell asap,the equipment is clean but not fancy,just thew way i like it.It includes a 14' flatbed,single axle trailer with diamond plate toolbox mounted near the tongue.The pressure washer itself is a Coleman Powermate Professional rated at 3,500 p.s.i. numerous hose reels and hoses,etc. Cold water system at this point,but plenty of room for expansion.Any down side to this combo? Thanks in advance.Mark :)

It's hard to tell with the limited specs you gave. What is the GPM and specs on everything else on the rig and how much does he want for it?

Fenceman

Henry,seems to me it was 3.5 gallons per minute,the whole package for $1800.00 seemed like a cheap way to start.Thanks for the reply.

smittie1984

$1,800 start up

Sounds like a great deal. Though I don't know anything about a Coleman Powermate. Is it belt driven or direct drive?

I got my setup for $1,200 from a friend. 2 PWs, 1Driveway Cleaner, 2 Hose reals, wands. With some good High Pressure Hose. The other hose on the other real was torn up. Looked like something chewed through it but I don't want to see the creature which tore through that hose. But it all came on a trailer setup.

Here is my pressure washer setup pretty much how I got it. I just got done putting in new bearings and seals. Then was on my way for some new tires.
Pressurewashing6.jpg

I've changed it up some. I took it down to 1 pressure washer on the trailer. I relocated the Hose real. And I have a ladder on the top on those ladder bars. I hope to wirebrush and paint the trailer soon but I need to make some more money first cause I have a tight budget now ever since I hurt myself.

But Fenceman I say go for it. The biggest thing is building your name. So the best of luck.

Fenceman

Thanks Smittie.The trailer is on the smallish side....4'x8' deck area,two each ladder racks,2 each hose reels,300' of hot or cold rated hose,2 or 3 different wands.Trailer was rhino lined,including the ladder racks, then the deck was diamond plated,and a wedge shaped diamond plate toolbox installed over the frame rails at the tongue.I demo's it last night,seemed like a decent entry level machine.

Our Sponsors