Fedex,UPS, USPS?

M

mrmagic

Has anyone tried to get contracts with FedEx express and or ground, UPS or USPS? If so, how did you get them and who do I need to contact to get a contract in my area. Also is it worth the time/money. I have a two man crew (me and my Dad) I bought a Detail shop in Feb. and its not doing as good as the last owner had said it would, so I thought fleet washing would be a great way to bring in income. Any thoughts?

Bull Dog

Fedex and USPS wont pay very much per unit but if you get quite a few at each stop it might pay. USPS may want the insides done also. Most, if not all UPS's have their own wash bays, the drivers are responsible for washing before they go out.

Steve

Christopher

I used to work at UPS back in 1989 and back then they paid college kids $8.00 per hour to wash the vans at night when they came in. The last time I checked they were still doing this. This is in South Texas. I do not know about FedEx but USPS used to have someone doing the little vans inside and out for about $12.00 each and were picky and did not pay if they were not vacuumed out, trash removed, etc... They also want recovery used. Hope this helps.

M

mrmagic

thanks 4 info

well I thank you both for the information. Do you have any idieas for me as far as good corp. accounts? Our local car lots use there own car washers (high school kids) I have even thought about going down the streets like the icecream man playing the 70's disco song car wash.

Bull Dog

Look in the phone book under 'trucking', you'll find all kinds of places to go to. FedEx is not a bad account to get if you can get the tractors/trailers as opposed to the smaller home delivery trucks. FedEx does require water recovery. The smaller 'local' companies are sometimes easier to get, they normally pay faster also.

Our Sponsors