Hope you are having a blessed day!

J

jdemby

Hello everyone I am a new member and live in Prince George Virginia about 20 miles south of Richmond. My son and I have just purchase a new pressure washing system that includes a 1 ton truck and utility trailer with all the equipment required to do most any job. Our business is call Mainstream Pressurewashing LLC. The system we purchased with the Chevy truck is a Hydro-Tek Pro-line Trailer mounted commercial/Industrial steam cleaner unit with all the bells and whistles. We are just starting our business and got a great deal by buying the unit with cash. Everything is ready to go on the system but we need some training on how best to accomplish the various pressurewashing tasks and then land some jobs. I am preparing business cards, advertizing slicks, and brochures. My son will be doing most of the jobs during the week and I will help him on weekends. I have some things I was hoping some of you could help me with:
1. I need some graphic art for pressurewashing to work up a logo and for our website, business cards, ads brochures etc. Does anyone have anything they can send me or a site that offers pressure wash type graphic art that has already be developed?
2. I need a list of types of jobs that can be done with this unit. We are looking first at industrial type jobs such as cleaning brick and concrete block for new construction, and other cleaning such as house/residential cleaning- siding, roof, gutter, etc., vehicle steam cleaning, commercial building and side walk cleaning, etc. Does anyone have a comprehensive list of type of jobs that we should be able to do with our unit?
3. We would like to know what chemicals should be used with different types of jobs. Is there a resource we can go to that has a guide we can use for this?
4. Is there an site that will assist us with quote work up or industry standard charges for the various types of jobs that can be done with pressurewashing and steam cleaning equipment?
Look forward to hearing from you.
Thanks and have a great day,

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello jdemby,

Depending on how eager you are to learn about your new equipment and what you can do with it there are a lot of things you can do to figure it out. Reading BBS's like this one, PWNA and PWI will help quite a bit.

Or, if you want, hook up your rig and drive up to Germantown Maryland. I would be happy to help you out with marketing, running a power washing company and teach you how to power wash and any other questions you may have. The Maryland PWNA chapter is also having a meeting on August 6th in Germantown.

Give me a call some time if you want to chat.

DanKes

You could try www.gotlogos.com for your logo. It costs $25, and if you don't like it, you can try again or make adjustments. As for the other questions.....most peole define what markets they are going after, how they will advertise to those markets & how they will price their jobs in their business plan, which you should have done before buying your equipment.

Our Sponsors