Questions

j_h_1961

Hi my name is Jesse, I live in NC. I am starting a pressure wash business and I have been on the internet doing research for the past week and I just have some questions. From what I have read it seems like I would want hot water for concrete and cold water for decks, is this true? I have also read that if I going to do concrete I would want to use a disk attachment for the pressure washer, is that true? I hear some people say it's psi and others say gpm, is it safe to say that both are equally important. Do I need two different washers, one for decks or wood say 2500psi @ 3gpm and one for concrete 3200psi @ 4gpm.

I know most of the people who are going to read this have a ton of experience so anything you could share with me would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.

Jesse

CaroliProWash

Hi Jesse -

Welcome to the PWN.

You won't need two machines. We use a 3500psi/5.6gpm machine for everything. There are ways to decrease the pressure on your unit for what you need to do. As far as heat, we prefer to use hot water. There are many successful contractors who use only cold - the arguments go on for decades as to whether one is better than the other. The ultimate decision will be yours. Your chemicals are as important as your equipment, sometimes more so. There are several sponsors on this bbs with excellent chems.

Where in NC are you? We're in Graham - Alamance County, less than 4 hours from anywhere in the state. Feel free to come over and hang out awhile. You can try out some of our stuff to help you decide what you may or may not want to do, use or buy :) We do standard resi work as well as new brick construction (res&commercial) and wood restoration. Call anytime !

Celeste

Mark

Moderator / Sponsor
Jessee,

Welcome to the PWN.

Sounds like a pretty good idea / offer
Celeste made you should take her up
on it. :)

j_h_1961

I live in the Charlotte area, so I'm not that far from you. If I'm not mistaken Graham is just up 85 a little ways. I'm not quite sure how to respond to individual threads yet but hopefully you will still see this. I guess you adjust the pressure with the different nozzels? I would like to come and see how you do it Celeste. Maybe sometime next week. Do you have any suggestions where to buy equipment. I am thinking about using Northern Tool. For as big as Charlotte is there doesn't seem to be to many people selling quality pressure washers and acessories.

Thanks Jesse

CaroliProWash

Give a call this weekend - next week is going to either be dead or insane, depending on the results of a meeting we have on Monday. We are doing a Clean Across America project on the following Saturday and we have several custom new brick constructions the weeks following.

We don't have anyone local either and have dealt with several vendors long distance - it's not a problem at all if you are a little bit mechanically inclined and know your chemicals :) Most of your "online" distributors/suppliers have top notch customer service and you'll get much more bang for your buck with the professional grade products than the "over the counter" products at Northern, in my opinion. One of the ideas behind self-employment is to work smarter, not harder and it's been our experience that the contractor grade materials, equipment, etc and having what we need for the long haul has made us more money than just trying to grow as we go.

Celeste

CaroliProWash

Hey Jesse,

There's another new guy in your area that will be coming up one Friday in the upcoming weeks to work on new brick cleaning.......maybe you two can hook up (even though you may be competitors)

Look forward to hearing from you :)

Celeste

CaroliProWash

Jesse,

We're doing a post office on Saturday for our Clean Across America project if you want to come up. It's not new construction - old very nasty nasty building though. Another guy from Charlotte area is coming up. We'll starting up between 10 - 11, should only take 3-4 hours. Give us a call if you want to ride up and I'll give you directions :)

Celeste

jdmartin

Hat's off to you celeste, I read this message board most every day and when ever someone needs advice or suggestions you help out. Just thought I would put that out there. Good day everyone.

Our Sponsors