Real Estate Agents/Appraisors

deckrock

Anyone advertise to real estate agents or inspectors?

We think its a great selling point to have a clean exterior & deck and want to push our business on agents, so they will in-turn suggest it to the person who is selling/buying.

Anyone who has tried selling their services to agents... have any success?

squirtgun

We have a handful of realty agents that recommend us but the jobs we land from it are few and far between.We have noticed homeowners would rather lower the price on the home they are selling rather than pay a few hundred to give the place curb appeal.
Also,most realty agents want you to jump through hoops to get them to recommend your company.It's a hard sell but it can be done.
Try dropping off a couple dozen donuts on a monday morning with a stack of your business cards.Be sure to attach a note saying compliments of (company name).

Michael T

Deckrock, Dont waste your time. As Squirtgun said they are few and far between. You will have more success targeting homeowners, who are going to stay in their homes.

CCPC

To give a good example of the kind of terrible results you can achieve with targeting adver. to agents, I used to go through a lady who worked in a real estate office and on the side she would charge a very reasonable rate to deliver flyers to the cubbies of like 700 agents in different offices in this area. Sounded great, but I went with this off and on for a couple of months and got 2 call backs and both were for agents interested in having their own houses washed. It just didn't go the way I was expecting it to go. Just thought I would throw that out there. Of course, the out come could be completely different in your area. Who knows.

D

Dave Ott

It has its up and down side.

If the house is inspected and found to have mold at an intollerable level for sale. Then the mold has to be removed before sale. Have done this already.

If the house is nice and has a nasty roof after inspection but doesn't need to be replaced then they call to have it cleaned. Done that.

Decks are a nowhere type of sell unless the new homeowners want it done. They don't recommend staining a deck and waistinfg the money. Reason being fear the prospected new homeowner will not like the color, just like not painting your walls in your house that;s for sale, unless its neutral color.

Cleaning a deck that is horrible is an option but be prepared to lower your price. If not that's when the homedepot machine the homeowner rented comes into play.

It has it's good and bad. Like they mentioned most wont soend the money to fix unless forced to by an inspection company for reasons of mortgage company.

Now my buddy does alot of roofs for people who are trying to sell them with a bad roof. Now that's money because they have no choice but to pay for new roof LOL

A lot of agents can be difficult but if you target and market them properly they will convince the client to get the house cleaned and everything around it. You just have to have the right angle and get them thinking "your" way, not the let's sell the house as fast as we can so we can move on to the next one way...

Our Sponsors