Bids and Forms

mountain view

Two questions today:

1. When you guys do a residential job (let's say a deck and house wash) do you give the qoute to the client right there on the spot or do you go away, work up the numbers and email, fax, or hand deliver the qoute to the client.

2. Do any of you have a standard worksheet you use when you go to bid a job i.e. what you use to take measurements, make special notes etc.? Do you have a standard qoute form that you use? Are any of you willing to email me a sample of these forms for me to use as a template? If so, can you send them to suffolkyank@yahoo.com

Thanks for all the help so far, [help]

jdmartin

I do the quote on the spot for residental business, for commercial business I take my measurements and photos then take home and do some research. Residental I do on the spot and leave them with the estimate invoice, and usually 8 out of 10 they schedule a day for me to do the work. I have a walking wheel that takes linear footage for fencing, exterior of homes but most of the time for the homes I just set a basic price and keep that the same, unless of course it is bigger than the standard. I also use a project calculator I got from home depot for my square footage measurements, like decks, railings and post. I have a set price for cleaning, sealing or staining wood by the square foot. I also have a set price for cleaning, sealing or staining fence that I measure by linear feet.

My estimate paper work I use for the same on all jobs. Of course I use scratch paper when adding up all the railing post the write them down in bulk far as 2 x 6, 4 x 4, 2 x 2 etc. Just remeber your post or rails if you measure by inches, like 46" for length then like a 4 x 4 that has 4 sides which would be 46" x 16" = 736 sq inches then divide by 144 that will give you square footage for 5.1. Then again just go get a projectcalc plus from home depot and save some headache. Hope that helps, later.

Our Sponsors