Quickbooks online edition?

north coast

Josh

Not familiar with quick books online edition. We use quick books and service ceo in our operation. Once we tried a product called field ranger they were a hand held pda and also a cell phone that we could send work orders to these mobile units then the tech could complete the order and send it back to the office where it was coverted to an invoice. It was all good in theroy but did not work in the real world. phones never had reception and the units kept locking up. so for now we just keep on wasting paper for work orders.

PressureForce

We use it and it works just fine. The biggest downside with it compared to the actual software package is that it won't plug directly into your bank account, but that's no great loss.

Scott Stone

One thing that I do not like about Quickbooks is that it seems that they are always trying to get information about my business that I woudl rather keep confidential. Using an online version of it would just be giving them full permission to glean all of the information that they can from your business books. I would rather pass on it.

Scott Stone

jackiebird

Vp

QuickBooks Online does have its limitations. Such as not downloading bank information, slower user interface and sign on and fewer report options. However, there is no Sync options for Intuit, Inc. to tap into your personal business file or files to find anything out about your business . Online is handy for out in the field if you use a laptop and know all the wi-fi spots to hit. You are still limited in printer availability, but at least your office will have any updated info. Hope this helps some. Please feel free to contact me by phone if you would like any professional assistance with your office procedures or bookkeeping. I own several service industry businesses and am a QB Pro advisor.

Attachments

• OS headerfooter.doc
    71.5 KB · Views: 52
  • PAP-300X220 QB logo.jpg
    PAP-300X220 QB logo.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 46

Mark

Moderator / Sponsor
Quick Books is one of the most popular
programs for small business here are a few
others.

Net Suite offers an online book-keeping program also.

They claim: "NetSuite Small Business—One System to Run Your Entire Business
Software packages for small businesses solve limited issues and leave you with multiple islands of data and expensive integration projects that never work. Information has to be manually re-entered or batched into other applications—wasting time and money. NetSuite takes the burden off the small business by providing a comprehensive solution that allows you to focus on running your business."
http://www.netsuite.com/portal/home.shtml

We have been using MYOB for years.
http://www.myob.com/us/

CaroliProWash

Jackiebird,

You are one of those QB instructor types? We have a couple in our area that I have considered calling before but have been able to muddle my way through without having to fork over the support $$ - HOWEVER - do you guys also offer some sort of training program that will teach stuff that the usual "I can figure this out on my own" kind of folks wouldn't typically figure out? I guess I'm asking if there are things that QB will do that would make it worth my money to learn.

Celeste

Our Sponsors