new to the forums

cjsheb

Hi My name is C.J. Shebester, I am new to powerwashing, but have considered starting my own business after doing a few decks on some summer cottages (rented machines). I am wondering how busy powerwashing can keep you?
I currently have a 40+ hr a week job but am always looking for a way to earn extra cash. I would plan on working my powerwashing business basically from 5-9:30 everyday , all day sat and sunday.
to bring in business I figure on placing a business card in our shopper paper, ticket boards in grocery stores, references from a buddy who owns his own spa repair business, and maybe yellow pages.
I would be doing decks,siding,farm machinery, and gutters.
what would your advise be? what machines could I get away with? (with plans on buying better machines when money is better)
I would like to pick your brains on what has worked for you, maybe rates, etc.

thanks in advance for the help!

PressurePros

First, secure insurance. Second, I would research the use of detergents. Doing a deck with high pressure is not the way to go.

Figure about 5 grand to really cut corners and set your business up properly. If your question really means how can I get a $300 pressure washer and call myself a wood contractor I have nothing for ya. No disrespect intended.

Our Sponsors