Equipment for Fleets

crankbait321

We currently own a mobile fleet business that does preventative maintenance for customers with fleets of vehicles (10-30). Several of our customers would like us to do basic washes on their vehicles (exterior only). Most vehicles are box trucks. If you are looking at 20 Workhorse (Bread Trucks) trucks what is the general pricing? What is a good machine for the money that will last? What engine size should I look for and psi, etc. Should I invest in a hot water system? Most customers have their own water supply. Thank you in advance for the replies.

Larry L.

PWN TEAM - Moderator Emeritus
Need to Know..

Total of workhorses.

How far inbetween accounts.

Any machine from a company that deals mainly in powerwash supplies will last.

Engine size depends on the speed you need to wash all the workhorses in a set time period.

Hot/cold depends on the amount of grease you will deal with.

crankbait321

The good thing for us is we are already at the locations performing our regular services, so we are not going out of our way to get there. One account has 22 workhorses and a tractor trailer rig. The average amount of vehicles will be around 20 per location. What is a good starting point for price per vehicle? I know I will get a lot of different opinions but what is a better brand of motor/rig that a lot of guys prefer? Thanks again!

Larry L.

Me...

15 per if weekly
20 per if every two weeks
25 per monthly

Honda engine
cat pump

4 to 5 gpm

2 to 3000 psi

Larry L.

If they ever stop the two stepping I'd haveta get out of powerwashing,I'm to lazy to brush :)

Our Sponsors