Bugs

Larry L.

PWN TEAM - Moderator Emeritus
I prespray with the same fleet soap I use on the rig.

Do any of you fleet guys use something else?

Larry B

Soap seems to eat em up pretty good. If the bugs are too bad I wet them down on my way to the trailer or back of the truck.

Larry L.

For years I have seen "Bug Remover" chemical carried by several different wholesalers.

By prespraying and useing hotwater they sorta melt off for me but at one point and time of the year they seen a litttle stub'burn.I was wondering if the chemical made for removing bugs if not they would come off alot easier at that point of year.Here in August and Septermber they are stuck on pretty good.Takes a tab longer to remove them and sometime a tab or two longer then I would like.

Dan S

Bugs are no problem Larry................ With the proper mix when you pre-spray, it melts off like butter.................e-mail me.

And believe it or not ..............with COLD WATER

Aplus

Do you guys use your same soap mixes to wash your own personal vehicles?

Just wondering because myself, I'm picky about my truck and usually handwash it myself. I use the Turtle Wax liquid car wash and a scrub mitt.

Not sure I'd be comfortable with anything stronger on my clear coated factory paint.

Which leads me to ask....are most big rigs clear coat painted like new cars, or are they painted differently? Are they laquer, enamal, or what?

Larry L.

Dan I have no big problem removing bugs and the bug print from the surface,tho this time of year some are stuck on pretty good.I never haveta brush the bug print off chrome like some do and can remove them about as fast as I can move the wand across them.

Yes Tony I use the same soap to wash my personal rides,I'm also picky when I wash my trucks and vettie.

Yes unless they have been repainted all trucks have clear coat,like cars some have a better paint job.Some F'liners have a piss poor paint job,oil and stack juice will inbed in the paint which you can remove but a shallow will remain in the paint.

Brushing and mitting are for those still want-a-be truckwashers,lol,I have trucks I've been washing for years and they have no brush streaks.If I had to brush I'd fine a different trade to get into,it sounds like to much work.

Tony to help with the fear of damage to your pickup I even 2-step some of the pickups I wash,which is a acid wash,Paint nowdays is more like plastic.

Dan S

I have never had a brush on any of my rides.not even a wash mit

I wash them the same way as my fleets........... well not exactly the same .........I dilute it a bit.

Larry, I didnt think you had a problem................ There for a min. I thought I was gonna have2 learn `ya how to wash a truck.:)

Larry L.

Ever noticed in the spring when bugs first show up they are will easy to remove,as the months past they get harder to remove.I've always thought it had something to do with plant life they feed on.As the plant life gets tuffer and bigger so do the bugs lol....

I've always thought about buying some of dat there chemical made for just removing bugs as to see if not they would come off alot easier when plant life gets tuffer.

O you would haveta beat me with a stick to make me use cold water to wash anything,cold water is for the finishing touch.

Dan S

yes hot is better no-argument

However I can wash a trk. with hot and then wash a trk. with cold side by side . and you can not tell the difference .......... and the application is the same ....... only difference is heat makes it a bit faster. FOr most of the summer months I use nothing but cold h20. when the temps dip I use the heat everyday. Saves on fuel/wear-tear.

Our Sponsors