What chemicals?

blazingpw

I am just starting out and i hate to experiment with chemicals that i have never used before. Afraid of damaging someones stuff. If anyone could please give me some help on what chemicals are used on what surface. I have been washing a couple cars here lately and hope to start washing more houses soon. What chemicals or solutions can be used to clean surfaces such as vehicles, wood, vinyl, aluminum, brick, concrete, etc. I really appreciate the help!

Michael Bass,
blazingcarolinapw@yahoo.com

PressurePros

Almost everything you mentioned has different products and techniques that should be used. For example to say concrete only needs a good degreaser is false. Sometimes a degreaser (sodium hydroxid/butyl) is not enough. Rust stains may remain in which case you would follow with an acid like oxalic. If the oxalic is not doing the job you go to phosphoric or hydrochloric (very dangerous).

You need to spend a few hundred hours using the search function of this board and others like it.

CaroliProWash

Hey Michael,

Make sure you bring a notepad to the Round Table this weekend - you'll get more answers than you'll be able to write, plus you'll get some freebies as well :)

Also, anytime you want to tag along with Roger, you're more than welcome - it will give you the opportunity to see what chems are effective on what surfaces and the yuck that gets on them.

Look forward to seeing you Saturday :)

Celeste

Our Sponsors