USPS washing

Doug T

Just curious, anyone here bidding on the USPS 2005 vehicle contracts?
I received the info packet, but not sure if it is worth the bother.
Doug T

Last edited:

Larry B

It depends on if you like picky people, difficult rules and the chance to break even if you are lucky.

jandjsales

Doug T said:
Just curious, anyone here bidding on the USPS 2005 vehicle contracts?
I received the info packet, but not sure if it is worth the bother.
Doug T

I used to do some postal vehicles here in georgia, but it has been several years ago, back then the going rate was $8.50 per vehicle, wash the outside and blow out the inside. we had it down where actual wash time was about 5 to 8 minutes depending on how dirty and how much brushing. I did about 35 vehicles every two weeks. right after i stopped doing them it became mandatory to collect the wash water at every post office in the US. the next people was doing a dry wash, not something i would even care to do, especialy that cheap.

Dan S

Buddy of mine does Fed-X

He downstreams them 3 times a week in a heated garage . They dont pay very well but when you add the amount of trks. x 3 times a week ........... He is doing Okay!

While Im out in the weather Ice/Snow __ he is working in a T-shirt.

UPS is pretty much the same ... 8-to - 10 bucks per ride. Which sounds like a pile of crap, but how many trks. are there? How often will thay get washed? do the math.

I would call then up before you place your bid. Make an appointment, Tour the joint and find out how many ? How close they are parked? where is the H20 coming from? and where can you Reclaim?

Never know unless you go check it out!!

Our Sponsors