How to clean plexiglass?

sshaw

Mr. Clean

I recently did an office that had two 4x8 sheets of plexiglass seperating two interior offices. It had already been scratched and I wasn't sure what to use on it. When I got to them I had forgotten that they were plexiglass because I had been cleaning windows and thought they were glass also until I started scrubbing them and remembered they were pleiglass. I stopped immediately but the owner told me not to worry because they were already scratched. I continued cleaning them the same as glass, using gg4 and a washer and squeegee. They seemed to come out fine with no damage. Don't know if that is how you should clean plexiglass, but it worked for me that time. I would think that you just want to be sure that your washer, scrubber, whatever, does not have any debris in it that could scratch the plexiglass. I know you cannot use solvents like oil flo because it will cause damage to the plexiglass.

Micah

Most places, like hardware stores, that sell the plexiglass also sell the cleaner. Not sure what it contains, or how well it works. I stay away from it just because of how easily it scratchs. At the most I'll hit it with a microfiber cloth to remove the dust.

Our Sponsors