trucking company

W

wow44

I am working on a deal with a a local trucking company, they have 30 trucks, they want them brushed both tractor and trailer. Looking for any good tips you guys can give on how long this job should take and what chemicals we should use and if anyone knows where we can buy them

Dan S

Have you ever washed a trk. or a trailer?

You are in for a very long day if you are a virgin.

As far as chems.............Call Mark @ easy clean he is a sponsor of this BB

The "best Tip " I can give `ya >> pack a lunch

You need to show this company that you can make it clean without breaking out the brush ..........and that will only happen when you get experience in the "art of truck washing"

YOu will be worn out by the end of the day even if you just brushed the trailers.

Do a 2 step wash .......acid-soap as a sample and demo of what your machine can do.....

Providing you have a hot h20 machine with @ least 5gpm and 3000psi

It can be done but you will second guess your bid when you start washing!!

R L S

I agree, Brushing is crazy especially the trailers. You need to 2 step the rigs and trailers. It cleans a lot better and is easier/faster then brushing. And yes if you are new at truck washing your in for a long day. Hot water and volume make a world of difference. Dont let them knock you around on price. A lot guys around here wash them for next to nothing. Keep your prices fair and work quality exellant.
Where in NC are you located?

W

wow44

thanks for the help

We have done trucks before, but not this many. It takes about 1hour to do two tractor and trailers. The two step process exactly how does it work. We are getting $30 a truck, do you guys think this is a good price.

Thanks again
WOW

jandjsales

Do they have a wash pad where the trucks have to washed?? this will require moving them around, or if they just want them washed on their yard,are you able to collect the waste water? all it takes is for some one to report you to the environmental agency to shut you down and fine you.
$30.00 is next to nothing considering you are using chemicals, gasoline, wear and tear, and most of all labor, i agree brushing is ridiculous on the trailer, i may brush the cab and the back doors if they are really nasty. I charge $65.00 and up, for the trucks i wash every two weeks I occasionally use a brush on the cab. you need to be at least the same as or even a little more than a truck stop wash, the truckers themselves would rather pay more for a mobile wash so they don't have to wait at the truck wash. and you should do a better job than the truck wash.
using a downstream injector, The two step process is using an aluminum acid cleaner for the first step, this causes a magnetic reaction with the road film, the second step is with a good strength soap to release the road film. then follow up with the rinse. i dilute my acid, about 2 gallons water to 3 gallons acid, this cuts down the chance of streaking windshields. and all this needs to be done rather quick, don't let the chemicals start to dry. if done really quick polished aluminum can be cleaned without damage using this method. speaking of which, be careful if you are washing polished alum wheels, tanks etc. i typically use a butyl/sodium metasilicate product to clean tires and polished alum wheels. Sodium hydroxide will dull them out pretty quick.

one other thought, the owners may flip if they know you are using acid on their trucks, so i may not mention that to them if you use this process.

north coast

WOW44 You only wash 2 tractor trailers an hour? Must take all day to do one account. I think that 30 tractors and 30 trailers two stepped and brushing only as needed should take 2 guys that know what they are doing 4 hours max. Use a good soap and you will not have to brush everything or two step everytime. JandJ makes a good point never tell a customer that you are using acid, always tell them and bill them for aluminum brightener.

DanB

North coast 60 pieces in 4 hours thats pushing it I'm not calling you a lier but i was fleets 5 days a week so i know my fleets your talking a piece ever 4 min i could be done but you would have to not brush anything and you couldn't keep that pace up for long good 2 man crew your looking more 5 1/2 min a piece or 6 but your right if you do them on a regular basis you don't have to 2 step every thing just a good soap downstream hot and a hot rinse and you can move pretty fast depending on how much room in between trucks you have just my 2 cents not to say anyone is wrong good luck to all of you

Our Sponsors