Average Rate For Truck Washing

Larry B

Too many variables to give an answer. Things liked polished, how often, what kind etc...all affect the price.

Larry L.

PWN TEAM - Moderator Emeritus
The going rate is worth alot more..

I think a single axle w/o sleeper should be not be less then 25 for a weekly,every 2weeks and 90/120 for a outside wash detail,body,motor,frame and 5th wheel.
I think a double axle w/sleeper should not be under 30 for weekly,every 2weeks and 90/140 for outside wash detail.
Van trailer=30/50***70 for wash detail
Grain trailer=30/70**120 for wash detail
dump trailer=20/60**90 for wash dtail
flatbed=20/40******60 for wash detail
Tanker=30/70******120 for wash detail
Dump truck=35/60***90 for wash detail.

Mike Gwas

That web-site will help you to go broke in a hurry........ Larry's prices are much more in line..... Pricing is easy, how much is your time worth? I would prefer to stay in bed for a single axle $5.00 truck wash.....

Dave Olson

We always get a lively conversation when it comes to pricing trucks! :)

I agree with the other fellows and add the following:

How many units will be cleaned each time? Can you afford to travel and set up to do just one? The account may have 40 units but only allow you to clean 5-10 each time. Or they may have the units parked at multiple locations! Will you need to move the equipment and drop & hook? Of course containing and disposing of waste must also be considered.

When does the work need to be done, nights, days during the week, weekends, etc? If it is forecast to rain on the following Monday will they cancel the cleaning scheduled for Saturday?

How clean is clean? It has been said that the judgment of the manager driving through the yard on his way in or out of the place “Yeah, they look clean!â€￾ is all that is needed! I call this clean at fifty.

Dave Olson

Larry L.

PWN TEAM - Moderator Emeritus
Yeah some of us truck washers is something else,you see alot more fiftiies than what some call clean.

In alot of cases the only way a driver can get a clean truck if he drives for a big company is to run it though a truckwash out on the road.Or find a local contractor that charges fair pricing as to what the job is worth not how many he can do in a hour.

Our Sponsors