School Buses

grasshawg

I have an oppurtunity to land a contract for the fleet of school buses at my local ISD. This is a very small school with only about 10 buses. I've never bid a fleet before. Any pointers?

M

MPW

Weekly, bi-weekly, or monthly?
Recovery?
Soap, brush & wash - or - soap & wash?

grasshawg

We haven't discussed specifics yet. I'm assuming soap & wash. I'm hoping yearly but a month to month is more realistic, since I am just starting. Figure I have to prove myself before they sign the "big one". No recovery that I'm aware of. I'd be surprised if there was.

Last edited:

grasshawg

I will this week sometime. I'm usually home by 6 pm if I'm home at all, and in bed by 9.
Up again at 2 am, gone again by 3. See why I'm so anxious to get started? Call you this week. If not, this weekend. Got it in my planner. Thanks!!

PressurePros

grasshawg said:
We haven't discussed specifics yet. I'm assuming soap & wash. I'm hoping yearly but a month to month is more realistic, since I am just starting. Figure I have to prove myself before they sign the "big one". No recovery that I'm aware of. I'd be surprised if there was.

I think you would mean monthly. Yearly would be defined as cleaning them once per year. Any experience I have had with school busses (I just got asked to bid them, never cleaned them) has been a weekly cleaning and this included the inside. I bid out of curiousity and the company that got them does them for $20 per unit and like I said that is inside glass, trash and debris removal and washing the outside.

Our Sponsors