High Volume Rinse.............

C

CTPWJB

We clean alot of large concrete surfaces (surface clean and wand rinse). The one thing I wished I had is high volume rinse. I currently rinse all conrete with 3500 PSI/5 GPM, with a 15 degree tip. I'd rather have a high volume rinse opposed to a high pressure rinse. Alot of the concrete is new construction so it's mostly surface dirt. Is there a nozel that would give me more of what I want? Any suggestions? Thanks

James

Mark

Moderator / Sponsor
James,

Your output at the nozzle is limited to the capacity
of your pump. Maybe you need to go with a 8 GPM or larger
pressure washer? [hello] Or you might consider a low pressure
high volume pump unit.

Unfortunately it is not as simple as
changing the nozzle on your 5 GPM unit.

[1010101]

Last edited:

PressurePros

Before you invest in another machine try a 40 degree #10 orifice nozzle. If it's surface dirt you are cleaning this will make a difference.

Mark

Moderator / Sponsor
Nozzle Chart

That should reduce your pressure to @ 1000 PSI at 5 GPM
the 40 degree nozzle wil spread out the spray pattern, definitely
give that a try. [hello]

Here is a nozzle chart to help you determine the nozzle size needed
to achieve a certain pressure at a given volume.

Hope it helps!

pressurewasherzone_1872_3921838

S

steve r

CTPWJB said:
We clean alot of large concrete surfaces (surface clean and wand rinse). The one thing I wished I had is high volume rinse. I currently rinse all conrete with 3500 PSI/5 GPM, with a 15 degree tip. I'd rather have a high volume rinse opposed to a high pressure rinse. Alot of the concrete is new construction so it's mostly surface dirt. Is there a nozel that would give me more of what I want? Any suggestions? Thanks

James
I use a ball valve on the end of the high pressure hose .open just enough to get the water coming out like a fire hose.Of course my ball valves are brass.its a good rinsing aid no matter what gpms your running.

MR ALAN

There are alot of variables such as water supply, recovery and so on, but for certain occasions, I have used my trash pump.
It is rated for 152 gpm, but with 100 feet of 1.5" fire hose and nozzle, it was pushing about 45 gpm. Between my 2 tanks, that was about 10 minutes run time. That kind of volume speeds things up real fast. It would have taken me over an hour to do what I did in those 10 minutes.

D

Dave Ott

I do like Alan with my filter pumps. Don't last long so don't miss or waste time checking out the clouds.

C

CTPWJB

Thanks.....

Thanks everyone for the suggestions. Your advice made washing 130,000 square feet of concrete much easier.

Jamie

Christopher

I was looking for something that would rinse real good after pressure washing. MrAlan's trash pump is a good idea. I was told that the back-pressure would mess up the pump. I was thinking of getting a trash pump and then putting a bypass valve between the discharge and suction so then you could regulate the back-pressure. I was thinking of just using my 3/4" hose with different nozzles or a ball valve. I was going to use this on very big jobs so my helper could rinse behind me after I clean to speed up things. What do you think?

MR ALAN

It is not something that i do on a regular basis, so I am not to concerned with the pump and back pressure.
On the rental trailers that use these pumps, they have a manifold for all the different hose sizes that can be used and a bypass from the manifold to the tank. If you use the 3/4" then back pressure may be a concern, but the more important one is why bother? I tried that first and it was no better than my garden hose at home. These pumps are not meant for pressure, so with the smaller hose you maybe able to get 50 psi and 8-10 gallons a minute.
1" golf course hose may do better and help to conserve water, but is not worth it to me. I like the 1.5" fire hose, it makes things go real fast.

Our Sponsors