usps

garry

what should i charge to wash a postal truck ?
how fast can i wash a postal truck?
im good i think i can do 3 each hour i think i can.

Micah

Garry,

I would suggest reading "Pricing Defined" posted by Cody. You can do a search for it, but it is located at the very top of the "power washing" forum. This will help you to determine a price. There are a lot of variables when it comes to how many you can wash in an hour. Whether you are using a hot or cold washer, the kind of chemicals you are using, size of the vehicle, and the amount of dirt on the vehicle. The best way to figure out timing is experience. Time yourself cleaning your car when it's really dirty and you'll have a ROUGH estimate. There's a lot of information on the site, and you will find the search feature useful. It's also nice to list your name, business name, and location at the bottom of your post too. Hope I helped a little.

Micah Kommers
We Wash Windows www.we-wash-windows.com
South Carolina

Larry B

While washing 3 per hour might seem fast, consider that the USPS only wants to pay $7 per wash/with recovery.

Darkhorse

jobs and wet feet

Being a newbie,and wanting to start my own PW-Bizz,how does one go about finding an owner who would hire a dude who wants the experience in the wet.

M

MPW

3 per hour?! You should be able to wash 30 per hour with a helper. I'm talking about delivery trucks.

garry

Larry B said:
While washing 3 per hour might seem fast, consider that the USPS only wants to pay $7 per wash/with recovery.
you get $ 7 per wash the usps told me $ 5 per wash was good. that is in side and out thank you.

garry

MPW said:
3 per hour?! You should be able to wash 30 per hour with a helper. I'm talking about delivery trucks.
30 per hour, the usps told me they want a clean truck. i wash inside and out thanks garry.

R L S

3 per hour inside and out at 5 Bucks. I wouldnt touch that with a 10 foot poles, or anybody elses for that matter. Have fun!!!!

M

MPW

garry said:
30 per hour, the usps told me they want a clean truck. i wash inside and out thanks garry.

Garry, I didn't know you were cleaning inside & out. If you were doing outsides only, you really should be able to do 25 - 30 per hour & do a good job. If not, you either have the wrong equip. or not enough experience. I am just being honest and right to the point, so please dont take this wrong.

Larry B

I said they want to pay $7, there is no way I would do it for that. Thats why I have no USPS accounts. Yes 25-30 is a feasible number in ideal situations. However they want to move the truck/van to a wash area were the water is contained. They also only want to have 1 or 2 drivers on duty. I can wash faster than they can bring them, with turnaround time, setup, recovery etc... you would not make 25/ hour very easily.

Dan S

5-t0-7 per truck?

OMG I burn that much in soap for one trk.

and the gas...........

wear.............

Your time.............

Looks like the USPS wants `ya to do it for FUN............and not make anything doing it.

There is other work out there!

PressurePros

Garry... RUN! Not worth it. This job is for guys that have been around for awhile, have the equipment, know how, experience and labor force to get them done very quickly.

I am not sure what advice you were looking for? Knowing they pay $7 per truck and acknowleging that you can do three per hour, you will be very lucky to walk away with $9 per hour for yourself. I'd flip burgers before I would take on that kind of pay and agravation.

garry

no one will wash the usps ? I WAS TOLD THEY HAVE OVER 100,000 VEHICLES. do you know how much you can make ? $$$$ :rolleyes:

CaroliProWash

Have you downloaded and read the guidelines and stipulations you have to meet just to submit a bid to get underpaid by the USPS? The entire industry needs to boycott this solicitation just to get them to open their eyes!

Celeste

Micah

If they told me that price, I'd tell them to ride their trucks in a rain shower. It wouldn't even be worth my time to think about it.

Micah Kommers
We Wash Windows www.we-wash-windows.com
Greenville, South Carolina

north coast

Boycott all you want I will take more of these locations. You need to have equipment that is built for speed and quality. I think we average about 60 - 80 LLV's per hour with a two-man crew. Do the math its good money/per hour but that’s what we are set up for and that’s all we do. It is just like the companies that wash cars at dealerships. I have seen 3-man crews one washing and two hand drying and you know that the are getting $1.50 - $3.00 per car.

Last edited:

garry

eric usps wash

eric, you are good, does the usps know that you are washing the trucks that fast? they told me i can take 3 days to wash the 57 trucks they have. i think if they saw me wash the 57 trucks in one hour, no way i would get paid. so do i need to only wash on sunday? so they cant see me. what soap do i need and they want clean glass thank you eric.

garry

eric usps price

eric, how much do you get paid for one llv postal truck ? im trying for $ 7.00 thanks garry

Our Sponsors