I need a good dependable low pressure sprayer.

douseahouse

Hey gang,
I'm wanting to clean roofs now so I'm looking for a pump that can spray the solution onto the roof at a low pressure. It will also need to spray those steep pitch roofs that you cannot climb safety so I guess I need one that may reach 25 to 30 feet up. Anyone got some suggestions I am at your mercy. Thanks for viewing the thread.

Rando

Mark

Moderator / Sponsor
I am not familiar with the Phelps Wand
but many people use the X-Jet for roof cleaning applications.

pressurewasherzone_1884_4296597

On sale this month just $119.95 * [hello]

<i>* Call Mark to order prior to 4/1/06.</i>

Last edited:

Don Phelps

Thanks Celeste.

Randy,
Feel free to give me a call at your convenience and we can talk about roof cleaning and the many different ways to do what you're trying to achieve.

Last edited:

Don Phelps

Mark said:
I am not familiar with the Phelps Wand
but many people use the X-Jet for roof cleaning applications.

pressurewasherzone_1884_4296597

On sale this month just $119.95 [hello]

Hey Mark,
You guys should consider setting up a roof forum. It would probably save time for the members that are looking for 'roof-specific' information. Just a thought......

Don Phelps

wanna race?

Or you could just get a real roof cleaning rig.

2 gas-powered diaphragm pumps

2 325 gallon tanks

2 hose reels with 300 ft of hose on each

1 225 gallon tank for extra chem

Attachments

• roofrig 0081.JPG
    roofrig 0081.JPG
    57.8 KB · Views: 167

Mark

Moderator / Sponsor
Jerry,

We have sold both Hypro and Udor
diaphragm pumps for years, either brand
has models that would work.

We can have a unit built to your specifications.

Micah

Don,

Would it be possible to display a picture of the Phelps Wand? I've heard this talked about, but would love to see a pictures of it to see how it works and everything. I currently use an X-jet, but I'm always looking at trying new things.

Jerry B.

Don,

Wher did ou get you rig pictured above? Is it direct drive or is there a gear box? What brand pump are you using?

douseahouse

wow

nice setup don,

what size hose are you using and at what psi? what is the psi of your pumps and how far can they spray? is that a quick disconnect on your valve? how bout sending me a pic also of the wand...thank, sorry for all the questions.

rando

rando4golf@yahoo.com

Don Phelps

Jerry B. said:
Don,

Wher did ou get you rig pictured above? Is it direct drive or is there a gear box? What brand pump are you using?

Hi Jerry,
We build our own rigs. The pump is made by a company named John Blue and it has a gearbox.

Don Phelps

douseahouse said:
nice setup don,

what size hose are you using and at what psi? what is the psi of your pumps and how far can they spray? is that a quick disconnect on your valve? how bout sending me a pic also of the wand...thank, sorry for all the questions.

rando

rando4golf@yahoo.com

Hi Randy,
The hose is 1/2 i.d. The pump is rated for about 300 psi, but we rarely use more than maybe 125. With a shooter tip they will spray about 35-40 ft. Yes, everything is setup with q/c's. Your pics are in the mail.

taselton2

Don Phelps said:
Or you could just get a real roof cleaning rig.

2 gas-powered diaphragm pumps

2 325 gallon tanks

2 hose reels with 300 ft of hose on each

1 225 gallon tank for extra chem

NICE RIG DON, I TRIED A COUPLE OF DIAPHRAMS FOR A WHILE UNTIL THE CHEMS ATE EM UP. I STILL HAVE A UNUSED GEAR REDUCTED HYPRO ON A 6.5 HONDA, I THINK IT'S A 45GR ABOUT 10 GPM & 500PSI. I THINK THEY WOULD DO GREAT FOR LPHV RINSE RIG. I ALMOST BOUGHT A JOHN BLUE PVC LINED, BUT I DECIDED TO GO ANOTHER ROUTE. I KEEP TELLING MYSELF THAT I AM GOING TO BUILD A TRAILER RIG TO JUSTIFY HAVING MY 1 TON, BUT THAT LITTLE RIG CAN RUN TWO GUYS IN THE GROUND, GET 20MPG, PARK ON A DIME, AND MAKE A GRAND A DAY WHEN WE'RE HOPPING. I BET YOU COULD CLEAN OFF YOUR CHEM SUPPLY FOR A WEEK. I BUY FRESH CHEMS DAILY THAT IS ONE OF THE DRAW BACKS TO RUNNING MY SMALLER TANKS. FUEL KEEPS GOING UP SO IT IS HARD TO JUSTIFY SWITCHING OVER RIGHT NOW. WHAT WORKS FOR ME MIGHT NOT WORK FOR EVERYBODY, BUT MY FUEL BILLS ARE PRETTY LIGHT. MY ROOF AND HOUSE CLEANING METHODS USE THE HOME OWNERS OUTLETS TO SUPPLY THE POWER FOR MY PUMPS. I DO HAVE A GEN ON BOARD FOR BACK UP OR REMOTE CLEANING. TIM

Our Sponsors