Collect and divert - basic equipment

jkanitz

I would like to rig together a simple system to collect waste water during residential cleaning scenarios (house washing, roof washing, residential flat work). My immediate concern is water running down homeowners' driveways into the streets and storm drains. I was thinking of getting a 25ft, 2-3 inch flat hose and filling it with water to create a dam and stop water from flowing into the public streets. From there either diverting the flow by use of gravity back into the homeowner's lawn (a completely separate question - see my post entitled "For whom the waste water flows"), or utilizing a sump pump to pump the water either back into the homeowner's land (??) or into a collection receptacle.

Can anyone recommend a proper sump pump or sump pump specs I would need to accomplish this task? I use a 5gpm machine. Does this sound like a good concept? Also, I realize I may need an oil absorbent of some type before my damn when cleaning oil stained driveways and such. Any recommendations for products in that department? Thank you in advance for your help!

Our Sponsors