Wholesale or Retail

Ron Musgraves

Administrator
Staff member
I buy products from many manufacturers wholesale. This has taken me quite a few years to figure out how to do. When I started having a rental fleet, I stumbled on that some manufacturers would allow me to purchase directly from them,as I was no longer an end user. I investigated what the criteria was for other manufacturers. Example, General or Interpump (same company) requires you to be a manufacturer or rental store, which I qualified under as a rental company. I got a wholesale catalog and found out a T2021 pump would only run about $331. Earlier I had been paying around $900 for this same pump. Another example, a Voltmaster General 3500 retail- $450 wholesale- $242. Winnco retail- $500 Wholesale- $236 I wonder what other things we could get at discounted prices. I think we could all benefit each other by sharing ideas and stories on how we can buy more things at wholesale prices.

Dan S

great info RON.................
it's always hard to find the right prices for everything the venders in my area are NUTS
EXAMPLE: When i first started i was buying nozzels for 15.00 each then i found another place for 10.00,,, o- my and yet another.....and i contiue to buy from them
nozzels for 4.00..... and that is the same w/my soap and everthing else.THANK GOD FOR THE INTERNET..

------------------
have a great day and GOD bless!!!!!

tucker

RON<
Tried to E-mail you but couldn't access at mus1961@aol.com. You got through to my E-mail. What do you feel a good price is for a Giant Flow type unloader? Be very interested to find out.

Thanks,
Tucker

Dan Flynn

PWN Founder
Just a word of warning about messing with chemicals at 100%.

You can and probably will do what you want, so I am just going to add this once. You can save money, but you can seriously hurt yourself and others messing with this stuff if get killed. I would avoid this idea big time.

Approach with extreme caution
smile.gif

------------------
Dan Flynn
Flynn Service Pro www.powerwash.net
708/715-4206

[This message has been edited by Dan Flynn (edited February 29, 2000).]

Washaroo

********** sells the TS 2021 pump for under $300.00 I think... And where are the $4.00 nozzels ??? Blake

------------------
Blake Keirstead
Washaroo Clean Services

Russ in Chicago

Just buying at wholesale isn't always that great. My local paint store buys Wolman F&P from a wholesaler for almost as much as I do at sears hardware on retail.
One hint: try to get a "preferred" contractor rate at everywhere you buy stuff. Even if they say they won't - keep pestering them and you'll be surprised.

P.S. - Hey Dan Flynn, don't ******* someone unless it's shameless self promotion. I think most of us are intelligent enough to decipher that anyway without "big brother" stepping in. God bless the day I found ********** and stopped getting bent over the table by the local wallet suckers. thanks

C

Craig/PowerWashUnlimited

Russ in Chicago,

I for one and glad that any form of advertising is not promoted on this site. The rules are the rules. When you want to tell about a product that works great, just email it to the person that needs it. Certain distributors may be a godsend to you, but not to others. Please don't knock Dan for being a "big brother", I appreciate all the brothers i have. Also, i would appreciate if you wouldn't talk about God so lightly, and i quote " God bless the day I found ********** and stopped getting bent over the table by the local wallet suckers." That, my friend, is not a Christian statement. If there were no rules on the board, we would be just like the other board, trashed in a week. I appologize in advance if this post affended you, it's just your p.s. to Dan struck me wrong.

Craig

------------------
Craig Knight
Power Wash Unlimited
www.powerwashunlimited.com

Dan Flynn

PWN Founder
Russ,

I put in as much time to the board as I can. I can't be here 24/7. Certain people will take advantage the second, they see the chance.

In fact they already have several times. I have to handle it this way.

If you look through the posts, you will see that if someone talks about a company that is not in business over the internet, like Home Depot for instance. It is not touched.

I will accept advertising from companies that request to do so under certain conditions.

They have to be in good standing to the best of my knowledge, offer a quality product that is related to our industry. Sounds fair to me.

We really have a great group of people here, and nobody seems to have a problem with it.

Except the advertisers and the advertisers who try and hide behind fake names. If you read through the posts. You will see that suddenly, they stopped offering help to the members once they could not slip in some advertising.

These boards are here for educational purposes only. Not for manufactures to market products. The advertising we allow helps support the cost, time and maintenance of this site.

I hope that I answered your question. Again thanks for joining and I hope you can help and learn from this board.

------------------
Dan Flynn
Flynn Service Pro
www.powerwash.net
708/715-4206

Dan S

HERE --HERE-- Craig i love the way you put that.........):

------------------
have a great day and GOD bless!!!!!

spraymasters

DITTO TO DAN S, DAN F, AND CRAIG.

------------------
Dennis A. Cormier and Gloria A. Wagner
North Georgia Spray Masters, Inc.
spraymasters@hotmail.com

Russ in Chicago

Hey Guys-
Sorry if my tone was interpreted to be unpleasant. It was not directed at Dan. Dan is a fine big brother. It was directed at the local guy that wanted to charge me $550 to rebuild a pump that I bought brand new for $275. Boards like this are a place to learn valuable information. Knowing about @@@@@@@@@@ (I edited myself, thank you), in my opinion, is a valuable piece of information. If a new guy can learn this now, reading my post, is that not worth an extra "scroll by"? I'm willing to accept that laborious click on the down arrow for the young uns. Just my opinion, if I still have a right to that. By the way, yes, I admit it, I am a sinner, am I still allowed here?

Kevin

Everybody sins fellow! Heck I sin every time I walk out the door it seems. But every time I do it that little voice inside me, some call it the Holy Spirit says "Kevin, now you know you should'nt be doing that". If it was'nt for the Good Lord I would'nt be sitting here right now talking with you guys, I'd be in prison like half of my old friends are for many years. I'm glad He's led me down this path to meet you guys and learn this trade which I am beginning to really enjoy tremendously. Also being able to come to this board and learn is great priveledge! Thanks guys!

Our Sponsors