What is your opinion of this rig for roof cleaning?

taselton2

rittenhouse

Good For Pumping Water And Less Agressive Chems, Bad For Bleach Based Solutions. Been There And Done That With Two Different Hypros, Check Out John Blue Pvc Lined If You Want Something That Will Last A Little While. I Haven't Used John Blue But They Are At Least Trying To Battle Corrosion With The Pvc Dipped Parts. Tim

jandjsales

I know the hypro diaphram pumps (the D30 pictured) are primarily used for highly corrosive agricultural chemicals, turf applications and pest control chems. hypro also makes roller pumps, centrifugals that i probably would not use with bleach or chlorine.

jeff

Jerry B.

I have been using the shurflo for a number of years, just wanted something that can produce a larger volume.

Roofbright1

To his original point, would you all agree that set-up would be good for someone starting out cleaning tile roofs and concrete driveways and sidewalks? I am that person and looking for the best start-up solution for tile and concrete.

Thank you

Bleemus

Roofbright,
Well we know it is a good engine that is for sure and the pump specs looks like it puts out a ton of water which would make it suitable for flatwork like concrete driveways etc.

Perhaps the pros would care to chime in with opinions on this rig for it's use without runnning chlorine through it. I imagine it would be a good base machine that you could downstream chlorine or X-jet it but I am no pro.

russ s

first of all i think 550psi is too much for a roof and at 8.5 gpm???? thats way to much volume to me for applying chems to a roof ,too much run off!!!!

you say you have been using the shurflo set up ??? well mabe think of stepping it up to 3.4 gpm with a shurflo or have you already done that????

Our Sponsors