starting in washington state

L

lightning

Hello everyone. I am so glad i found this site. Im going to be starting here in the king and peirce county area of washington state and was wondering if anyone in the area could help me get through the start up faze of this industry. ill be doing solely residential at first. I have a 2300 psi 2.0 gpm 6hp unit but will later upgrade...will this be ok for that area of work? also wondering what catigory i need to license the biz under and also wondering if i have to deal with the EPA if i use envirnmentaly friendly chemicals. id apresiate any help offered. thanks

Larry B

Even without chems you can't let water enter the storm drain. Your machine is way too small, minimum of 4.0gpm to start with.

L

lightning

thank you .....i thought that it might be. i got the unit used and the place told me it was good for what i was doing......also the manufacterer claims its ok if i remember correctly

L

lightning

Where is the soft wash guy?

Larry B said:
Even without chems you can't let water enter the storm drain. Your machine is way too small, minimum of 4.0gpm to start with.
In responce to your advice wich was much apresiated, I was looking around on the network and came across a guy who says he uses just chems to clean and uses a plain garden hose to rinse. I cant seem to find him again. Since im not ready to drop a bunch of $ yet for competitive equip. Im wondering if anyone knows who im refering to. Im buying my insurance friday also and am wondering if its normal for an insurance co. to not send a drafted copy of the policy so you can see exactly what it is your buying before you send $

L

lightning

Thanks

grasshawg said:
Sounds like you're refering to Tim Aselton. Find him at www.softwashing.com.
Happy hunting.
Randy
Thanks Grasshawg....You wouldnt happen to know how to contact him on this network would ya?....as in his network name

grasshawg

Lightning, you will just have to wait until Tim reads up on the posts if want a reply from him. He'll eventually get to it. Otherwise, his contact information is on his website if you wish to contact him directly.
Randy

L

lightning

It Figures!!!!

Got ahold of soft wash guy...........But he wants $$$ for his info....what is this board for if not for sharing info [lm] Oh well, thanks to all the others who helped.

Last edited by a moderator:

grasshawg

Hard to imagine Tim being that way. You're no competition for him, either. If that's the way it is, Tim, then I have to say that's WRONG!
We're not only here to learn, but also to help. It's pretty shameful to try and make a buck off someone a whole country away. What would it hurt to share info with him?
Randy

taselton2

$$$$ For Info?

I Apologize If I My Have Come Across The Wrong Way To Someone. I Get E-mails And Calls All The Time Wanting Info On "softwashing". I Have Helped A Ton Of People On This Site On Roof Cleaning And Anything Else I Could Help With. I Am Fine Tuning My Techniques In Hopes Of Something Bigger In The Future. I Never Told Anyone That I Wanted Money For My Info! If You Have Talked To Me Before I Would Appreciate You Sharing Your Experience.

grasshawg

Tim, well, as they say, there's two sides to every story. No harm done on this end. I'll back out now and quit playing referee. Hopefully, you two can clear it up between you. Must've been a breakdown on communication somewhere.
I've referred some people to you and your site. You've even helped me a time or two. Personally, you've always been nothing but professional towards me. Thanks.
Randy

L

lightning

taselton2 said:
I Apologize If I My Have Come Across The Wrong Way To Someone. I Get E-mails And Calls All The Time Wanting Info On "softwashing". I Have Helped A Ton Of People On This Site On Roof Cleaning And Anything Else I Could Help With. I Am Fine Tuning My Techniques In Hopes Of Something Bigger In The Future. I Never Told Anyone That I Wanted Money For My Info! If You Have Talked To Me Before I Would Appreciate You Sharing Your Experience.
Tim its me.....the guy who said that u wanted $$$ for the info i asked for......and your right.....u didnt say it in that exact way ..but the e-mail u sent back did say u wanted to start selling your info and start selling equipment or that u were working on setting that up in some way............i apoligize if i came across the wrong way also making that post and i can surly understand your position of mabey being reluctant to spend time giving away your tecnique. i admit i was a little fustrated. [wsmile] No harm..no foul........by the way i didnt realize u were in florida...i have a sister whos resposible for pushing loans thru for clients at a bank there.

L

lightning

grasshawg said:
Hard to imagine Tim being that way. You're no competition for him, either. If that's the way it is, Tim, then I have to say that's WRONG!
We're not only here to learn, but also to help. It's pretty shameful to try and make a buck off someone a whole country away. What would it hurt to share info with him?
Randy
Your the man grasshawg....i apresiate u defending the new guy..ive seen your posts everywhere helping people on a regular basis. Its not a big deal.....just takin me a little longer than i thought to get the info i need ...........no hard feelings towards tim. if he chooses to sell his info its well within his right to sell his experience........... and just to make the record straight.....If i remember corectly he did tell if i was going to do (power washing) id need a 3000 psi 4gpm. and he said that he was working on selling his system info and power washi equipment....and i assumed since he didnt share the info i requested that he wanted me to pay for that info. [hello] I wouldnt just make somthing like that up. There must have been some type of communication mix up on both ends. In no way do i intend to make tim sound like a lier.

Asbestos

so what if he did want $$

A bit of advice is one thing, but if someone develops a whole system for cleaning that is unique and they are thinking about frachise then why should they not get paid for the system they developed? The guy spends all kinds of time and money and he should just give that away? Sounds like something people would be bitching about a customer tring to do.

L

lightning

Hello!!!!!

If ya read the other posts i agread that he was well within his rights to sell the info. [zzzXXXXXXXX i didnt want to steel his system. i was unable to get a different unit (3000 psi 4gpm) and figured he had some helpful info to use a 2300 psi 2gpm for roofs and siding thats all thats it...........lets all move on...i did

taselton2

lightning said:
If ya read the other posts i agread that he was well within his rights to sell the info. [zzzXXXXXXXX i didnt want to steel his system. i was unable to get a different unit (3000 psi 4gpm) and figured he had some helpful info to use a 2300 psi 2gpm for roofs and siding thats all thats it...........lets all move on...i did

SORRY THINGS GOT OUT OF HAND. PRESSURE WASHERS OF ANY KIND ARE NOT USED IN "SOFTWASHING" OF ROOFS & HOUSES. WE USE LOW PRESSURE PUMPS THAT BRING THE WATER PRESSURE FROM THE HOUSE UP TO A SPECIFIC PRESSURE TO APPLY SOLUTIONS AND RINSE. WE DO USE PRESSURE WASHERS TO CLEAN CONCRETE ETC...

L

lightning

thank you

taselton2 said:
SORRY THINGS GOT OUT OF HAND. PRESSURE WASHERS OF ANY KIND ARE NOT USED IN "SOFTWASHING" OF ROOFS & HOUSES. WE USE LOW PRESSURE PUMPS THAT BRING THE WATER PRESSURE FROM THE HOUSE UP TO A SPECIFIC PRESSURE TO APPLY SOLUTIONS AND RINSE. WE DO USE PRESSURE WASHERS TO CLEAN CONCRETE ETC...
Since im not using a powerful enough unit to clean affectivly, is it posible to rely on chems to do the work for me? If so, would you be willing to mabey share some helpfull info on chems and chem mixtures % that I could use that might work with a 2300 psi 2gpm.............id most likely be mixing the chems myself and applying them with a back pack or hand held chem sprayer.

Our Sponsors